AKEK PACK GIVEAWAY - Updated Pack Features (Alpha 3200x)

D S 319

WKR
Looks like it is worth putting through the ringer if one of the lucky winners!

I went ahead and ordered one last week. The pack showed up yesterday afternoon. The finish looks good so far. Fit and design is fairly close to my older KUIU Icon. I messed around with it last night and look forward to loading it up and putting it to use. @AKEK

OP
AKEK

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I’d give one a try.

I’m down for this test. If chosen, I’ll give her hell foe the month of September out west, then again in October hunting the Cherokee Natl Forest.

Congratulations to our 2 pack winners! @kylem and @isItFallYet . Please message us your shipping address and we'll get these sent out to you guys!

Thanks for everyone else that participated! Good luck on your hunts this year!

Qball89

FNG
Good luck to the winners! Please keep all of us informed of your thoughts and opinions. There’s are lots of people that are interested. And also it’s great to see a company ask for honest feedback and make changes based upon them! Keep up the great work!

Any updates from the winners or anybody that has bought this pack?
I went ahead and bought the pack. I've loaded it out with all of my gear, I haven't had a chance to pack meat with it yet. It's comfortable and the fit and finish is what you can expect from a $400 pack. I don't have any regrets yet (only had it for a few weeks) but probably wouldn't be a repeat buyer.

Charkan72

FNG
$400 pack. I don't have any regrets yet (only had it for a few weeks) but probably wouldn't be a repeat buyer.
I am a newbie when it comes to a pack. Currently using a Fieldline from Walmart lol. But starting to hunting further and further away from civilization. Packing camping gear in and meat out will hopefully happen this year. Eberlestock and Kifaru is what I am looking for used but haven’t seen anything that catches my eye.

I am a newbie when it comes to a pack. Currently using a Fieldline from Walmart lol. But starting to hunting further and further away from civilization. Packing camping gear in and meat out will hopefully happen this year. Eberlestock and Kifaru is what I am looking for used but haven’t seen anything that catches my eye.
This would definitely be a step up from the old trusty Fieldline (I had a few of those myself). I bought this pack to replace an older KUIU Icon 7200 which was just too much pack for what I do now. I used Eberlestock for years and they make a good pack. The older models were heavy but very well built. These newer packs are quite an investment over the packs a decade ago. Take your time, there is a ton of great reviews on packs here. Blacks Creek Gear, EXO, Initial Ascent are all great packs and are worth looking into.

Qball89

FNG
I went ahead and bought the pack. I've loaded it out with all of my gear, I haven't had a chance to pack meat with it yet. It's comfortable and the fit and finish is what you can expect from a $400 pack. I don't have any regrets yet (only had it for a few weeks) but probably wouldn't be a repeat buyer.
So the million dollar question : What makes you say that you probably won’t be a repeat buyer?

I have the original version, given to me by @AKEK. Due to needing a full knee replacement (getting it in late December), and recovering from a full knee replacement, I am simply not venturing far in the field. However, I did get out a couple weeks ago to prep a hunting sit area (I need some comfort). I took my AKEK pack of course, and loaded it appropriately for a partial day excursion, along with some loppers, a pick head and handle, the shovel I used as a walking stick. I put the loppers inside the water bottle holder on one side and the pick head and handle on the other. I used a lower strap to run through the pick head so it would not accidently get lost. 2 straps on each side secured the longer loppers and the pick handle.

For what I did, the pack once again performed perfectly. For day hikes, I am loving this pack. Once I recover, I need to test it for overnighter to 3 day trips.

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
I’m just about to do a full review of Badlands MRK and Vario series. It would be interesting to see how this compares. Plus, it’s the first year my wife is hunting so I’d like to give her a nice pack rather than my hand me downs.