Akto vs copper spur

jt4

WKR
Looking at these two tents. The hille akto and
Big Agnes copper spur ul2. I know it’s comparing a one man to a two man. You gain some room in the CS and a more 4 season type tent in the Akto.

I’d like to hear some experiences or comparisons before making a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockchuck

WKR
I have owned both the akto and a copper spur 1. The akto is truly next level quality/durability, but it does make for tight quarters. My brother had an older cs1 and the one i picked up maybe 5 years back had smaller real world dimensions for length and the vestible width even though specs said they were the same. Even still it was roomier that the akto and had better head clearance. I have used his cs2 before and it is quite roomy for 1 especially with the 2 vestibles. The copper spurs have done pretty good until you get into high winds and they want to fold up even guyed out. The akto doesn't have that problem. In the end, i wanted something a bit beefier than the copper spur and picked up a big sky international 2 as a compromise. Similar foot print to the cs2 but has an external frame similar to the hilliberg to help stability.

Anyway, hilliberg is pretty bomb proof at the cost of space vs the copper spur. If you plan to camp exposed the hilli will surely fare better in extreme conditions. We still used the copper spurs up high but would try and find some cover to set up in like the rocks around in this pic.
20140926_081228.jpg

Rock chuck is pretty much spot on. Have akto and copper spur ul2. CS2 is my archery go to. Akto is what I run in late season hunts with snow. It is my emergency shelter that I leave in my vehicle for emergencies if I get stuck in wyoming or montana during bad storms.

OP
jt4

jt4

WKR
Found a CS2 in stock and at 20% off so that made the decision for me. It seems to get a lot of good real world reviews so I’m excited to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trr15

WKR
I used a CS2 on a goat hunt this past September. Spent 5 nights in it above 12k ft. I was happy with its performance, but didn’t have to endure any serious wind/rain. I agree that the Hilleberg is in a different category in terms of durability.