WTS Aku superalps boots made in Italy

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all

I bought a pair of aku superalps 10 days ago in size 9.5us

They are fitting a bit to big for me and I have used them outside so I can’t return them. I also don’t have the box

I have 2 pairs of hanwag boots and these are very similar, very stiff well made leather boots

New $349 plus tax

Would like to sell for $200

Thanks

I can email pics if messages me

FLH

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use the AKU sizing chart info? I did not, and my first AKU purchase resulted in boots too big. Instead of using their sizing chart, I just ordered my usual USA size 10. Also ordered 10.5 just in case. Both pairs too long and ever slightly too wide!

The AKU sizing chart says to measure your foot length and find the appropriate AKU size on their conversion chart. Here's how I did that:

Wearing Darn Tough's thickest sock (forget name of it), with my heel against a wall while standing on a 12" ruler, my foot measures 10.5" heel to big toe. Some folks' middle toe is their longest toe, so beware when you're measuring.

10.5" converts to 26.67 cm. AKU's conversion chart doesn't list 26.67 but it does list 26.5 and 27.0 cm. AKU's USA size for 26.5 cm is 8! Their USA size for 27.0 is 8.5!

So my USA size 10 foot needs an AKU size 8 or 8.5

The difference between AKU's size 8 and 8.5 is 0.5 cm, or .200 inches. That means the 8.5 is (in theory) .200 inches longer than the 8.0

Last edited: