Alamo Precision Altitude or Rbros Apex Hunter

mt100gr.

WKR
do u shoot a break? What stock?
This is the only rifle that I do use and very much enjoy having a brake on. It's the 3 port brake that Travis was using around 2015. I was to say he was using Defensive Edge brakes?

The stock is a Manners, set up with the cheek rest.

When I ordered, I spec'd what I wanted based on his Lightweight Long Range model. And mine was just before he started offering carbon barrels.

Back then he used Broughton barrels and this one has been excellent.

The only thing I would change would be the barrel length that I ordered. 28" plus brake makes a long, heavy stick but I had a velocity goal and was a long barrel guy. I have since taken a shine to 16-20" barrels but this rifle still has a spot in my line up when I know I'll be in big, open country. 2021-03-03 20.16.59.jpg

SDHNTR

WKR
Both great choices. APR will save you a little money. RBros will give you load data, which I initially liked and felt was worth the premium to not have to burn components and my time testing loads. But, unfortunately he won’t do custom load development, he just uses his tried and true load recipes. I need a copper bullet. So because I was back to load testing, I went with APR. 3 builds later and no complaints. Had a minor issue with one and a cracked trigger guard at the pin. They replaced it no questions asked and shipped me a new one promptly.

mt100gr.

WKR
how far was shot?

how far was shot?
That shot was 642 yards. I don't claim to be a long-long range guy - with the right conditions, I'm confident on 1st round hits to 800ish. I've taken this combo out to 1320 with good conditions but my skill set isn't consistent or practiced enough to call that my effective range. That's when ALL of the factors matter....20180505_174431.jpg

That shot was 642 yards. I don't claim to be a long-long range guy - with the right conditions, I'm confident on 1st round hits to 800ish. I've taken this combo out to 1320 with good conditions but my skill set isn't consistent or practiced enough to call that my effective range. That's when ALL of the factors matter....View attachment 270533
no need to justify anything with me. I have an RBROS LW hunter 7mag from 2015 its been a great gun. Pushing 180 bergers vlds at 3015 fps

Alamo-- I've been going there since I moved to TX in 2017-- great shop and top notch employees-- currently have 3 rifles from them and a 4th on the way, theyve all shot lights out. Currently have a 6cm anTi and the one that is coming is a 7saum on an anTi that will be right around 7.25lbs scoped.

The Altitude is an awesome set up, I've handled it in the shop- balance is great and I think you'll have a hard time finding a better group of components put together by a better group of guys.