Alamo Precision Rifles

HUNTER100

Lil-Rokslider
I see from a past search that a few of you guys have experience with Alamo precision rifles (APR) out of Texas. Looks like most of you guys had a positive experience and like the work they do, but I was curious if any of you specifically ordered their Maverick style rifle?

I like the package and price of it. Just a little unsure of the greyboe stock (terrain) and trigger that come on it. Was trying to decide to stay w those options, or pay a bit more and go with McMillan and jewel trigger (what I have now).

I'd welcome all input.

jeffpg

WKR
I don’t have experience with that model but they performed a heckuva nice build for me on my custom dream rifle.

They’re currently planning a TBH member group build that will offer the best value imaginable in a custom rifle.

OP
H

HUNTER100

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the information! I saw they did one last year, I'll head over and check it out.

Scottyboy

WKR
I had a less than positive experience with them on my build. Everything from 3 missed promise dates, to them not being able to find someone to dip the stock for me etc. very nice guys and always answer the phone, if it wasn’t for them missing my date for a spring bear hunt and also an elk hunt that same fall...I likely would have another build with them. Instead, I had my FFL immediately sell it upon receipt.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh and the grayboe stock wasn’t my favorite in the few minutes I handled it, the texture and feel didn’t jive with me

OP
H

HUNTER100

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks your input, I appreciate it - especially the part about the grayboe. Exactly what I'm looking for

- - - Updated - - -

Another thought, if you guys with APR rifles could comment on the Alamo barrels that would be great also.....

Primarily extreme spread, grouping, and if they are fast/slow/average for cartridge.

robie

WKR
I had a less than positive experience with them on my build. Everything from 3 missed promise dates, to them not being able to find someone to dip the stock for me etc. very nice guys and always answer the phone, if it wasn’t for them missing my date for a spring bear hunt and also an elk hunt that same fall...I likely would have another build with them. Instead, I had my FFL immediately sell it upon receipt.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh and the grayboe stock wasn’t my favorite in the few minutes I handled it, the texture and feel didn’t jive with me

Was this for their TBH deal from last year or a full custom order?

robie

WKR
No, it was not part of any group buys. This was a “semi custom” build where they let you pick the fluting, cerakote etc. nothing too crazy
That is surprising. I know Curtis not delivering the long action the promised caused a lot of delays.

I'm in no rush and thinking about joining in on the new build this year. $2400 for a full carbon custom gun that is 6lb is a great deal.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Djacker

WKR
Just wondering how I get in on this group buy? I just sent Alamo a barrel to put together a barreled action for me.

Scottyboy

WKR
That is surprising. I know Curtis not delivering the long action the promised caused a lot of delays.

I'm in no rush and thinking about joining in on the new build this year. $2400 for a full carbon custom gun that is 6lb is a great deal.

It’s a great deal for sure, I wish I would have known about this haha. It’s basically what I wanted...but they wouldnt build it. Funny how proof is an option as when I was talking to them they said they had horrible experience with them and mainly used CF barrels from a company in Australia or New Zealand, cannot remember the name.

My build was around the Curtis release and I wanted one, but ultimately they said they did not trust the first actions they got to be perfect, so I opted for a defiance I believe it was.

Anyways, this looks like a helluva buy!

robie

WKR
I'm leaning towards 6.5 PRC, just need to pick out the finishes. Anyone other TBH members on here joining in on this deal?

Last edited:

Djacker

WKR
I would be if they weren't already doing a barreled action for me. I guess I should have waited a few weeks!!

brisket

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in on it. They’ve spun some barrels for me before, I haven’t had any reason to complain. The price vs what you get on that deal is insane... I just wish I could swing 2 of them lol

robie

WKR
So do you have to be a member on that forum to order? Does anyone know if they will ship outside of TX?
Ideally yes but you can just say it's the TBH order. Yes they will ship outside of Texas.

Are these quality rifles? This seems too good to be true. I’m not being sarcastic, I’m genuine interested if they’re good quality and shoot well. Anybody own one that can speak to this?

robie

WKR
Are these quality rifles? This seems too good to be true. I’m not being sarcastic, I’m genuine interested if they’re good quality and shoot well. Anybody own one that can speak to this?
He does a deal for forum members because their loyalty really helped him get started. If you ask him to build this outside of this deal I'm sure you are in the $3.5 to $4k range.

I don't own one yet so won't speak to accuracy but you can search and see some sample targets.