Alamo Precision Rifles

robie

WKR
I also add he may ask for your forum handle I'm not sure as I haven't placed my order yet.

I'm still trying to decide my cerakote color.

I'm keeping the stock pain carbon and thinking about going tungsten on the metal with the proof barrel.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I also add he may ask for your forum handle I'm not sure as I haven't placed my order yet.

I'm still trying to decide my cerakote color.

I'm keeping the stock pain carbon and thinking about going tungsten on the metal with the proof barrel.

I'm a member there and really thinking about having 1 or 2 of the tier 1 carbons built. My dad is also considering one. Im leaning towards the old 300wm and 7-08. It looks like a good deal I just dont have any experience with them. You have any of their guns? My goal is a new longer range hunting gun for myself and the girl friend.

robie

WKR
I'm a member there and really thinking about having 1 or 2 of the tier 1 carbons built. My dad is also considering one. Im leaning towards the old 300wm and 7-08. It looks like a good deal I just dont have any experience with them. You have any of their guns? My goal is a new longer range hunting gun for myself and the girl friend.

No I don't. I was going to get in on their group buy last year and passed looking for something lighter. I bought a Christensen Arms 300WM and am very happy with it. I currently have a 7mm-08 that I'm going to sell and get this gun in 6.5 PRC.

No I don't. I was going to get in on their group buy last year and passed looking for something lighter. I bought a Christensen Arms 300WM and am very happy with it. I currently have a 7mm-08 that I'm going to sell and get this gun in 6.5 PRC.
I see, I was looking at the new Christensen traverse before I stumbled onto this group buy. It seems like a better gun for basically the same price. Not saying the traverse won't be a killer off the shelf gun. I currently own a lot of factory guns but would like to go more semi custom like this. A lot of friends shoot 4-6k customs but I just can't justify that in hunting rifles. This deal seems to check most of my boxes.

robie

WKR
I see, I was looking at the new Christensen traverse before I stumbled onto this group buy. It seems like a better gun for basically the same price. Not saying the traverse won't be a killer off the shelf gun. I currently own a lot of factory guns but would like to go more semi custom like this. A lot of friends shoot 4-6k customs but I just can't justify that in hunting rifles. This deal seems to check most of my boxes.
If you look through last years thread you will see a lot of guys got 1/2 minute guns. I'm expecting about the same out of this.

If you look through last years thread you will see a lot of guys got 1/2 minute guns. I'm expecting about the same out of this.
Most of what I have read has been good! I will most likely be pulling the "trigger" once I figure out color schemes. 99% sure on the 300wm but still a little torn on the 7mm-08. I like the 6.5prc but I don't always load myself.

robie

WKR
Most of what I have read has been good! I will most likely be pulling the "trigger" once I figure out color schemes. 99% sure on the 300wm but still a little torn on the 7mm-08. I like the 6.5prc but I don't always load myself.

I don't hand load either but will order the ELDm, ELDx & Copper Creek as well. Hopefully between those options I find something the gun likes. If I didn't already have a 300WM I would be going that route.

I don't hand load either but will order the ELDm, ELDx & Copper Creek as well. Hopefully between those options I find something the gun likes. If I didn't already have a 300WM I would be going that route.
I considered that route as well. Other then the fact of wanting one of thes rifles just curious why leave the 7-08 for the 6.5prc?

robie

WKR
I considered that route as well. Other then the fact of wanting one of thes rifles just curious why leave the 7-08 for the 6.5prc?

7-08 is great. I just don't like the rifle I have it in. It's and ultra-lite Kimber Montana. I've decided I want something with a little more weight and thicker barrel. The prc will extend my effective range a bit.

7-08 is great. I just don't like the rifle I have it in. It's and ultra-lite Kimber Montana. I've decided I want something with a little more weight and thicker barrel. The prc will extend my effective range a bit.
I may be getting swayed towards the 6.5 PRC. Did you order yours up? Either way are you planning on going long action? What barrel length and twist?

robie

WKR
I may be getting swayed towards the 6.5 PRC. Did you order yours up? Either way are you planning on going long action? What barrel length and twist?
Not yet still deciding on stock color

Long action. 24", 1:8

No worries. My order is going in tuesday. Couldn't get through yesterday. Took me a little while to work out a few details.

I shot a 264 win mag that they built, < .5 moa rifle with load work up. Little under an inch with hendershot’s ammo

Lonestar6

FNG
They built me a 26 nosler a couple years ago. Best shooting gun I ever been behind. Was a 1" gun at 500 yards with my loads. Got another one in the works now. You wont be disappointed the least bit.
4eb48192be81008f0a94d01f8bdd5d54.jpg
cc5167a31384f9e173112f9afee86f70.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nubs

FNG
Can someone provide me a link to this group buy please?

Eta I see it's not part of a rokslide group buy...

Last edited: