Alamo Precision Rifles

TxxAgg

WKR
I've used them for multiple barrel cut/crown and cerakote. They always do a good job.

My buddy has a custom from them, and it's an awesome gun.

Lots and lots and lots of positive reviews of them on texasbowhunter.com

LaHunter

WKR
I have two rifle built by them, built on M700 receivers, one is a 7 mm rem mag and one is a 223 rem. Both rifles are sub .5 moa. I bought all of my components and they built my rifles as per my specs with my components. The customer service and communication throughout the entire process was excellent also. I recommend them for sure. Once they had all of my parts, the turnaround time was pretty quick, maybe about 4-6 weeks if I recall correctly. Good communication with your builder is the key to a good outcome

I got in on one of their tier 1 texasbowhunter.com group builds. Great rifle, sub moa with factory ammo. Quality rifles at great price point for a custom.

I can’t say enough good about them. They built my first full on custom in 2018, a 280AI. It shoots bug holes with factory ammo as well as my Hammer handloads. Very fair price and quick turnaround, they quoted me 4 weeks and it was headed back my way in 3-1/2. I’ve had another big name, 3 letter smith take 6 months to deliver on a “5 week” job. I wouldn’t hesitate to use APR again.

Last edited:
They are my local shop-- went there when I moved here in 2017; they were fantastic then and even better now. They just moved into a newer/larger shop and store front. I spend a pretty good amount of time in there running through ideas, watching and learning. They are an impressive crew.

They have fixed problems on rifles I previously owned and have built me several (22-250ai, 257wby, 338RUM) and currently have a 6cm and 7SAUM on the way (whenever the anTi actions arrive). Every rifle they had their hands on just flat out shoots, with factory ammo and ESPECIALLY when you dial in a load. My 22-250ai put 15 rounds under 1" @100 during fireforming with cheap Hornady ammo. A 300NM they basically rebuilt from the ground up was running .25" @ 100 with factory Hornady match... and lastly- but most impressively to me- they built me a sub 9lb (w/ scope) 338RUM that is running 1/2 MOA to 800 with factory Barnes ammo.

They are competitively priced for the quality of materials they use (defiance, lone peak, proof, muller, AG, McM) and the top notch workmanship.

I have 4 rifles from them. All shoot great and fit and finish is top notch as well. Their customer service and prices are right up there too. I was planning a 5th build with them this year until an unforseen very expensive vet bill took my fun money... But my point is I like them. I will most likely get that one built in 2021 and im sure I will use them. There are a ton of great builders out there but I keep coming back to APR. The components are the same, fit and finish seems right up there and they shoot better then I can all for less $ then most want...

OP
T
Have any of you used their barrels or the muller works barrels? I’m wanting something with a thicker sendero contour, but I don’t want to go carbon fiber... their barrels seem to have a thicker looking contour to them than the bartleins but i can’t see the weight and I want it to stay under 10lbs for my scoped finished rifle

LaHunter

WKR
I have no experience with Muller Works barrels, but I do know of a few top national level PRS shooters that use those barrels. One of those shooters also owns a rifle building company.

I would give Alamo Precision a call. They are great guys and will answer all your questions

SDHNTR

WKR
Have any of you used their barrels or the muller works barrels? I’m wanting something with a thicker sendero contour, but I don’t want to go carbon fiber... their barrels seem to have a thicker looking contour to them than the bartleins but i can’t see the weight and I want it to stay under 10lbs for my scoped finished rifle
Their APR contour is very similar to a Bartlein 3B. They mostly use either K and P or Muller works. Both are excellent. I have guns from them with both barrels. If you are looking for further support, 2 of the biggest names in the custom gun business use those barrel manufacturers. LRI uses K&P and Southern Precision Rifles aka Bugholes uses a lot of Muller works. Of my two guns from them, one is easily sub moa and will probably do much better with further load development, And the other is a genuine one holer with factory ammo. No complaints on either. Easy to work with too. Their Maverick deal is the best value out there!

Last edited:
LRI uses K&P and Georgia precision (GAP) users Muller works. Of my two guns from them, one is easily sub moa and will probably do much better with further load development, And the other is a genuine one holer with factory ammo. No complaints on either. Easy to work with too. Their Maverick deal is the best value out there!

Just a clarification - I think most people think of GAP as G.A. Precision or Gnat's Ass Precision and they are based out of kansas city, Missouri.

SDHNTR

WKR
Ok I’ll edit. You’re right. I was mistaken, I assumed the GA was for Georgia. And it’s Bugholes, (Southern Precision Rifles) I was actually thinking of anyway. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited: