Alaska 2012--Who's Going?

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
I miss living in AK during the falls. EVERYONE up there is in the hunting mindset. Its great seeing all the large moose antlers in the back of trucks on the Parks Hwy!

swat8888

WKR
Sheep in August...can't wait. And this time we don't have to screw around with an inflatable raft so that will be nice.

billy molls

Super Moderator
I've got 80 days of guiding planned "Up North" in "God's Country" for this year. Twenty days in May for brown bear, and then grizzly, caribou, Dall sheep, in August, and then moose and grizzly in September/early October. I am spoiled rotten,,, I know, but I promise to post some pictures and stories.

I have never hunted in Northwest Canada, but it undoubtedly offers similar experiences, but Alaska conjures up images and emotions unlike any place I have ever been.

Best of luck to all who are fortunate to hunt there!!!

Booked a cub ride a couple of weeks ago for August 20th and I'm ready for it. Actually got to eyeball some rams this last weekend while bear hunting. A guide talked me into trying a big 85mm spotter for sheep, and after my initial test run, I think I agree that it really pays off at those 2+ mile distances.

Yk

tstowater

WKR
I got lucky and will be in Alaska starting August 31st. I need something to go with my BC stone and hopefully draw a Rocky and Desert before I can't hunt. Always looking for gear suggestions. My wife is wondering if I bought stock in KUIU and some other companies. Rain gear seems to be where I am getting hung up as to possibly updating.

Attachments

• BC Stone sheep.jpg
    BC Stone sheep.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 40

tstowater

WKR
My outfitter sent me a video that I got yesterday of some of his 2011 hunts. Actually a really nice fim called "Deep in Sheep". I'm not sure it has been released yet, but nice little film about sheep hunting. Damn, if that doesn't get you excited. Also reminds you that the mountains have to be climbed and the creeks crossed. Need to polish up the workouts. Less than a month now. Wife wishes I left 3 days ago. Claims that I am unbearable. She's probably right.

kaboku68

WKR
The Wife and I are going into South Wrangells for Combo Goat/Sheep hunt during first week in September(8 days). We will do a Nelchina Caribou hunt after that and a Dalton Bowhunt during the last Weekend in September.
I think we will do well if we don't fall off of one of the spires.

Sincerely,
Thomas.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Well,

It is actually coming together for ol' BB too. My hunting partner and I head up to Fairbanks area for DIY moose on 09/07.

Wish us luck ... it is a seat-of-the-pants type trip.