Alaska 2012--Who's Going?

Jdog

WKR
Alright...brother and I are scheduled for a late season dall sheep hunt in AK for 2012.
Who else is going?

dall.jpg

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'm planning on it. :D Actually hope to perhaps make it down your way this year for my first western hunt at some point.

aggieland

WKR
I had a black bear hunt in the works but my friend had their baby and plans changed.. oh well Next year perhaps, can't wait to get up there and witness that place first hand.

R

rebecca francis

I'm planning to be on the Alaskan Peninsula for the brown bear hunt in May, and then hopefully in the fall to help with some hunts for other people.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'm planning to be on the Alaskan Peninsula for the brown bear hunt in May, and then hopefully in the fall to help with some hunts for other people.

If you are in town Rebecca, Becca and I would love to say hi before you jump on PenAir out to Cold Bay.

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
A good friend of mine and his daughter ( who drew the tag ) and I are flying into the Chugach come August. Hopefully we can follow Rebecca's lead and pull a hog out of there. It's tough not to keep reading her write up with that beauty of a ram in there. Looking forward to watching the documentary on it.

B

bearguide

i did not draw , but it is my turn to get one// it will be hard to match rebecca's ram though, especally with a bow

Hunted last year and shot a brown bear with my bow and a bomber ram with my guides rifle. Going back in 2013 with my bow and trying to redeem myself on a ram

luke moffat

Super Moderator
i did not draw , but it is my turn to get one// it will be hard to match rebecca's ram though, especally with a bow
Ain't that the truth shooting a 42" ram is freaking awesome, as is shooting any legal ram with a bow, but shooting a 42" ram with a bow....WOW

luke moffat

Super Moderator
3-4 sheep hunts! 2 Kodiak goat hunts, prince of wales deer, a caribou hunt, 2 moose hunts, and of course chasing black and grizz bears all spring summer fall.

Last edited:

Bighorse

WKR
Spring Brown/Black combo for me via boat Mid May, August opener Mt. Goat then a second hunt with CtP for goat, Then run up into interior Alaska for a epic sheep hunt in the Chugach Mts for a pair of drawing permits (I'll be the packer,spotter, and knife man). Then driving up to hunt a Caribou tag and drawing Moose Tag with Luke and CtP. Thats just the start of my hunting season August-Sept. Then I'm taking my boat to Etolin Island where I have a drawing permit for Rosevelt Elk October 1. After that if I haven't already got my freezer PLUGGED! I'll have 6 hot Sitka deer tags burning a hole in my pocket and the Tongass to chase them. It's lining up to be a fairly busy hunting season. I'm hitting the gym and getting ready for plenty of packing. Hopefully this will qualify me as an official RokSlide Hardcore member. Grin. Actually humping a bull elk out of the S. Etolin Wilderness IMHO is really hardcore. I've got my corked boots ready for the job.

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
Then driving up to hunt a Caribou tag and drawing Moose Tag with Luke and CtP.

So does this mean that Luke is meeting us for some moose/bou hunting?? That should be fun. Gonna have to bring some "silver bullets" for pre and post game :)

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
So does this mean that Luke is meeting us for some moose/bou hunting?? That should be fun. Gonna have to bring some "silver bullets" for pre and post game :)

Be great to meet up with both CtP and Bighorse for moose and bou if the timing works out, and you guys are always welcome at the house or the cabin! You were great house guests, and you even cooked me dinner...several times!

Looking forward to August when our season kicks off...I have a feeling it's going to be pretty busy between August and December around here...