Alaska Airlines

fatbacks

WKR
Basically my only choice living in the middle of Alaska but they’ve always been good to me. Their air cargo options are top notch as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I fly with them 5-6 times a year living up here, I think out of the 50 flights I’ve been on with them I probably didn’t have guns 2 times. Never once had a single issue with them.

ODB

WKR
Here’s a braggy - my daughter was on this flight for the Boeing 100th anniversary back in 2016. They flew an Alaska Airline plane from SeaTac, around Mt Rainier and landed at the museum of flight. All the living WA state governers were on the plane. Neat experience for a little kid!

at the very beginning group shot she’s the one in the purple jacket standing next to Gov. Dan Evans.

d_worno-1986

Lil-Rokslider
What is everyones thoughts on Alaska Airlines, good, bad, indifferent? Have you had issues flying with your firearms? Problems losing luggage? Or has it been a breeze dealing with their service reps and crews?
As an Alaskan resident and telecom lineman, I fly with them all the time. I’ve never had a problem with them. And I always bring a weapon on every trip, just in case I find a minute to hunt. If you can become a loyalty member of club49, you get perks for instate travel on baggage

Trial153

WKR
Probably the best airline in the states. Limited experience traveling with firearms as bow hunt, however I have checked my handgun several times. Excellent service and great experiences.

James270

FNG
As someone who has flown a lot of airlines all over the world for work Alaska would rate in my top five and is my number one choice when flying in the US. Haven’t flown with firearms with them but they did fix a major error on my behalf at no charge without blinking an eye.
The supply of Alaskan Amber Ale in the lounge and in the air certainly boosts their rating too.

Okay, I guess I’ll be the first to say it...Meh, I don’t think Alaska Air is all that. I do like getting some free bags as a club 49 member, but after flying with them (almost exclusively), for over 30 years now, I gotta say that I’ve had my fair share of disappointments, and I’ll just leave it at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubllung4

FNG
Definitely better than any other airline I've dealt with. One weird experience with checking a gun in Chicago but that's to be expected I guess.

Once needed to bump up a flight out of Anchorage to a day earlier if at all possible. Called and the lady on the phone was very helpful but said it would be a $450 cancellation fee plus the difference in ticket price, no thanks. I was close to the airport so I just stopped in and the attendant easily switched my tickets to the earlier flight at no charge.

wyosteve

WKR
Agree with what everyone else said-Alaska Airlines has been very good. After a sh&t show on a Canadian bear hunt in 1999 with United, I haven't used them since and wouldn't recommend.

JeffP_Or

WKR
No problems with Alaska Airlines.

Will not fly american. Ever. And have not since 1992 due to aluminum case & firearm treatment followed up by their lack of resolution.