Alaska Airlines

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I've used AA 4 times and have no complaints with them.
@HuntHarder in case of weather delays, I always book my return flight for 5-7 days after the time I plan to come out of the field, and then if I get out early/on time rebook to an earlier date. Are you saying you got out of the field late, missed your scheduled flight, told them why you missed it, and they rebooked you on a new flight with no extra charge? If I'm understanding you correctly, that is great customer service.
Exactly. Actually inreached my wife from tent, had her cancel my flight and book me on another, free of charge. Did it the morning of my scheduled flight, before it took off. The only return flight was 4 days out, so when we got back in town, I called ak air and they then had an opening on an earlier flight, so we moved my flight again and got home earlier. I think I payed 16$ total plus miles.

The must is: to cancel and rebook before your original flight takes off

drra

FNG
Didn't even think about additional insurance - very good comment since I travelled to AK this summer with over 10K in gear as you noted.

Yeah, direct flights from Anchorage/Fairbanks/Juneau to the Midwest and East Coast don't exist.

Yeah, but direct flights from Anchorage to Maui in 6 hours, and last week you could get those round-trip tickets for under $400. That said, I’m not a huge fan of Alaska Airlines, although I definitely use them more than any other just because they kind of have a monopoly on a lot of flights up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but direct flights from Anchorage to Maui in 6 hours, and last week you could get those round-trip tickets for under $400. That said, I’m not a huge fan of Alaska Airlines, although I definitely use them more than any other just because they kind of have a monopoly on a lot of flights up here.

You know, Kauai and Waimea sound nice this year. Might have to fly back down there again. At $400 roundtrip, Anchorage/Lanai, that's a steal.

Antares

WKR

Dude! The ANC-OGG flight is where it's at! I can leave Kodiak at 8 am and be in Maui at 3:30 pm, just enough time to get up the hill for sundowners. It's very civilized.

Best of a bad lot.
Ha, let me tell you, nothing makes you appreciate AK Airlines like spending 6 years flying Ravn and Penn Air a couple times a week!

My family is in ND and my wife's is in NE. We fly AK to visit her family and usually have to piece together airlines to get to my family. Usually Delta and United. It sucks. I cannot wait until AK flies into Bismarck/Fargo! My life will be substantially easier and much more cost effective! My wife is flying to Omaha on AK Airlines the end of the month with two kids and the grand total for all three is $600. Can't beat that. I've flown to Bethel 3 times this year and have paid a total of less than $50.

They lost my big pack the last time I flew with them was supposed to leave the next morning on a bush plane to be dropped off they located my bag in Dallas TX I’m in Seward Alaska they said they could drop it off to me I said well y’all got a bush plane to bring it to me! But luckily it was to windy to for the bush plane to fly that day and they got it to me at 4 am the next morning flew out in the bush plane at 6am

I was a little worried lol

hunterjmj

WKR
Flown with them a bunch and for the most part I never had any issues. They did loose a cooler full of fish once. Another time I was sitting in the plane in Petersburg and watched the ground crew handle luggage, fishing gear etc. like they were throwing bags of garbage in a landfill. Not sure if they still give 22oz beers on flights but I always enjoyed that.

Broomd

WKR
AK Air... Best of the best, and no close second.
Wife is a l m o s t at her 1,000,000 miles flown. If takes a lot of flying to get there!

Flew to Cancun last week, Seattle to Cancun non-stop, first class-- round trip. Those upgrades are sweet!

Antares

WKR
AK Air... Best of the best, and no close second.
Wife is a l m o s t at her 1,000,000 miles flown. If takes a lot of flying to get there!

Flew to Cancun last week, Seattle to Cancun non-stop, first class-- round trip. Those upgrades are sweet!

That's insane! I've been a mileage plan member since 1995, I feel like I fly a lot... and I just broke 200k.

Yeah, I bet the upgrades for million milers are pretty sweet!

I also love 3 free checked bags in state. Rubbermaid totes full of Costco coffee and cheese!