Alaska Arctic Char

AKDoc

WKR
Any lakes worth trying specifically for Arctic Char along or near the Dalton Highway? I know this is a very specific question. If someone would rather PM me. That would be great. As always, I am will to help anybody out if they are interested in my exciting area of northwest Pennsylvania!!
PM on the way...I don't like posting locations on the open internet.

Don’t forget about gardia as well. Been there done that...
Right on sir...I've also been there about twenty years ago up here! I've been extra-triple compulsive about water treatment in the field ever since. The only thing worse than giardia was when I got dysentery when in the Marines in the jungle of the Viet Nam war!

Kings have worms in their bellies. Not as prolific as sockeye but definitely they have them

when I ran a tender (47’ Ledford) over to the west side for copper river, we’d double dip and fillet fish on the slime line as well. Hold the bellies up to a blue light if u get bored this summer.
This was 25k ish of kings.

6F2F9BAA-DFE7-4286-A891-573C681837BB.jpeg

About 10 years ago I was guiding a honeymoon couple down at Ugashik Narrows. Home for a long time to the record Grayling. After most of a spectacular day had passed they begged me to join them. I hooked what was by far the biggest Grayling I’ve ever seen, according to the young lady I was squealing like a school girl. Swung the fish in and slipped the hook, should have gotten measurements. Last fish I’ve been so excited about. That’s obviously not him in the photo! I love Grayling perhaps because they are such a great indicator species. If you have Grayling you have a good ecosystem. If your Grayling falter you have problems.

MidMtn

FNG
3d2c6104eb9fd807a3311a39a399b24c.jpg

33.5”x18” Arctic char taken in Bristol Bay, AK.

OP
Hunt41

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
We crossed Grayling off my list two years ago. Did well in some of the smaller streams off the southern sections of the Dalton Highway. The best fishing was on the Chena River. Big grayling!

We crossed Grayling off my list two years ago. Did well in some of the smaller streams off the southern sections of the Dalton Highway. The best fishing was on the Chena River. Big grayling!
Chena is a special place, caught my very first fish there. About three years later I filled my red Ryder wagon with harpooned Chum salmon but none of the GIs on the base would buy them.
You might find some Shefish to cross of your list.

OP
Hunt41

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
My son took me to his favorite Grayling spot. Some slough with really clear water. It was loaded with Grayling!! I enjoyed just watching them feed and the fish flashing color in the sunlight.