Alaska Bear Rug Taxidermist

Well, you'd think a hunting guide would know who some of the best taxidermists are, but I really don't. I've never had many things mounted myself, just one black bear rug a friend did.

So, I have a beautiful grizzly bear hide I'd like to get rugged and need some recommendations. If any of you guys have some recommendations on an Alaska taxidermist to do a G bear rug, I am all years. And, I'd love to see some examples if you guys have pictures. Thanks in advance!

Josh

MTShane

FNG
Dropped a black bear off a month ago with Andrea at AK's Adventures in Taxidermy, which is in Chugiak. She specializes in rugs and had some great looking bears in her shop.

Check out Mike Fraser, Fur and Feather taxidermy in south Anchorage. IMO, he does great work at very reasonable prices. I’m not at all an authority when it comes to good taxi work, but he’s been doing all my work for the last 18 years and I think he does a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

72f12f3f94ad509ce0df9b730e5a0cb3.jpg

54d4f844e8ba3ff990b558f120ab9b24.jpg

Last edited:
I got a hold of Mike Fraser based on TroutBum's recommendation. If I'm successful with my upcoming Delta Bison hunt he's going to do a shoulder mount for me.