Alaska Department of Fish and Game announces the results of the 2022 Drawing Permits today

Bighorse

WKR
Thousands of interested sportsmen will find out if their Alaskan dream hunt will go forward. Sheep hunters ramp up their fitness rountines. Bear hunters get the big boomer out of the gun case. Ol' boys call their best pard to get the cabin reserved out north. Pilots squeal at the prospect of finding that remote landing strip they have never tried. River runners get ramped up wondering if they can carry enough fuel for that big run and Moose recovery. Best of luck to all, unless your taking my DS123 permit!

z987k

WKR
I only put in for the 2 things you have to draw. Everything else I can do OTC and plan to.
So I expect to draw nothing.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I only put in for the 2 things you have to draw. Everything else I can do OTC and plan to.
So I expect to draw nothing.

Better to go in with low expectations and be surprised than get all pumped up and wind up disappointed. I’m with you though, sure would like to get a musk ox tag.

z987k

WKR
Better to go in with low expectations and be surprised than get all pumped up and wind up disappointed. I’m with you though, sure would like to get a musk ox tag.
Or the farewell bison. I really want to do that hunt. Or just be involved with one.
I can provide transport for the fall option if a resident draws that and wants some help.

OP
Bighorse

Bighorse

WKR
Negative Ghost Rider! Registration hunts for me personally. My best hunting pard got Etolin so I’ll be after Rosies again.
I like this moment regardless since I can get focused on the real opportunities. I gotta sweet south POW black bear hunt planned this spring that should be special.
Congrats to the winners

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Negative Ghost Rider! Registration hunts for me personally. My best hunting pard got Etolin so I’ll be after Rosies again.
I like this moment regardless since I can get focused on the real opportunities. I gotta sweet south POW black bear hunt planned this spring that should be special.
Congrats to the winners
Yup, didnt draw so Im going to have to settle for caribou, deer, goat, moose and bear this year.

z987k

WKR
Yup, didnt draw so Im going to have to settle for caribou, deer, goat, moose and bear this year.
You forgot elk.
What will I ever do with otc tags for 7 big game species that people spend upwards of 10k and consider a lifetime hunt, and I call walking out the back door for the cost of a tank of fuel.

There's even some ferral turkeys from what I've heard.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You forgot elk.
What will I ever do with otc tags for 7 big game species that people spend upwards of 10k and consider a lifetime hunt, and I call walking out the back door for the cost of a tank of fuel.

There's even some ferral turkeys from what I've heard.

I didn’t even realize we could get elk without drawing a tag. Never even looked into it.