Alaska DG345

MooreAK

FNG
How about the guys who drew DG342? MooreAK and Kaveman907, how did it turn out for ya? I didn't make it out to chase goats near that tag this year, but I was paying attention to the weather. Wind and seas looked pretty rough most of mid-late September.
Was able to catch a weather window and connect on a younger billy. Thanks for asking.

Attachments

• 6E23A3CD-717F-49C7-A6EA-49DC9E8FFC42.jpeg
    6E23A3CD-717F-49C7-A6EA-49DC9E8FFC42.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 69

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Which of the kenai peninsula tags do you all reckon have the easiest access??? I realize it’s all relative.

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
What do you mean by easier access? As in, tags on the road system only or ones that would require water taxi or float plane drop off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The Kenai Peninsula goat draw tags that are on the road system and walk-in are: Crescent Lake, Cecil Rhodes, Lost Lake, Mills Creek, Grant Lake, Resurrection West. Seward & Resurrection Peninsula have limited walk-in access.

Some have trails, some don’t and you might just go from the highway or road. I don’t have the Supplement in front of me now, so I may have missed one or two. This is off the top of my head.

There are a few other walk-in goat draw tags further north of the Kenai Peninsula too. But generally speaking, Kenai Peninsula goats (more coastal areas) will produce bigger billies.

Right on, thank you!!!

I did the dg352 a few years back, thinking of putting in for kenai draw again.

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
All of these are already less than about 1-2%. The low odds might deter people by itself anyways. So it’s not like these are hidden gems.

Generally speaking, if someone wants better odds to to draw a goat tag, they shouldn’t apply for one on the road system.

Arctic_Beaver

Lil-Rokslider
Here, I’ll remove my previous comments to err on the side of caution.

Although, I am still of the opinion that these are so hard to draw it’s kind of irrelevant anyways.

Thinhorn, if you have more questions about access you can PM me.

I agree they are already difficult to get. So why make them more difficult? I think it’s great sharing advice on pretty much everything, but when it comes to pointing out specific locations I think it’s a good learning process for people to go out looking for animals on their own as well as by research via biologists, literature, , etc. Pointing out specific locations should be done via PM. Just my opinion.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I agree they are already difficult to get. So why make them more difficult? I think it’s great sharing advice on pretty much everything, but when it comes to pointing out specific locations I think it’s a good learning process for people to go out looking for animals on their own as well as by research via biologists, literature, , etc. Pointing out specific locations should be done via PM. Just my opinion.

I think you are being overly sensitive. Impersonally don’t have any issues with giving out any information about draw tags that I’ve had or know about. Also, AK is a big place, I don’t live anywhere near the KP so it’s not like I’m going there to go scouting.

Sourdough

WKR
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Agree 100%.......internet forums are accelerating destruction of not only the hunting experience, but altering the very concept of hunting.
And that is manifesting in negative ways that few (extremely few) have even "YET" considered. And will be enraged at the awareness of.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Agree 100%.......internet forums are accelerating destruction of not only the hunting experience, but altering the very concept of hunting.
And that is manifesting in negative ways that few (extremely few) have even "YET" considered. And will be enraged at the awareness of.

You also don’t think it’s “hunting” if people’s use guides or transporters so your opinion isn’t anything people should take seriously.

Serious question though, if the internet hunting forums are ruining hunting, why are you here…on an internet hunting forum??? Surely a real hunter such as yourself can’t learn anything here.

Last edited:

Sourdough

WKR
You also don’t think it’s “hunting” if people’s use guides or transporters so your opinion doesn’t matter.
Perfect.......Could "NOT" be a more perfect response.......Perfect. And what is better is your clueless as to why it is Perfect. Your so blind, you see "NOT" the gravity of current shifts of which you are a core part.

You likely don't grasp why your assessment that my "opinion doesn't matter", is both a testament to your lack of awareness of the division with-in hunting, nor the impact for you.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Perfect.......Could "NOT" be a more perfect response.......Perfect. And what is better is your clueless as to why it is Perfect. Your so blind, you see "NOT" the gravity of current shifts of which you are a core part.

If the internet hunting forums are ruining hunting, why are you here posting on an internet hunting forum?

I’m no more a part of anything here than you are, after all, we are both posting on an internet hunting forum.

Sourdough

WKR
If the internet hunting forums are ruining hunting, why are you here posting on an internet hunting forum?

I’m no more a part of anything here than you are, after all, we are both posting on an internet hunting forum.

While true.......this is a "Forum". Just because we are both posting on the forum, does not mean we are in agreement.