Alaska Dropped... 300 RUM Project

BluMtn

WKR
When you are reloading use a long drop tube. It make dropping 100 grains a lot easier. Also helps to have your brass cleaner running so you can vibrate the powder down for your compressed loads. And yes powder goes very quickly by the pound.

OP
Robinhood21
How does your AWR shoot and what bullet/velocity did you wind up with?

Funny you posted on here I was just thinking tonight how I need to update this.

I haven’t had a lot of time but now hunting season is pretty much over, my extra time will go towards finalizing load data and practicing with the rifle.

Right now it looks like the load I’m going to finalize tweaking to is running around 3150 with a 200 Accubond iirc.

I’m hoping to update this thread in the next few weeks or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Robinhood21
Time for an update. Not exactly what I originally had planned but now I'm pretty excited about it....

The best I was getting out of this gun was about 1.5" groups.

Point blank, I'm not happy with the accuracy I'm getting out of it soooooooo, I'm doing what I should have done in the first place. I'm ordering a bartlein 3b and a Wyatts extended mag box for it today. Going to have my smith blueprint the action and work his magic. Hunting is about confidence and I just was not satisfied with what I was getting. Sure it was shooting "Minute of Moose" but that wasn't good enough.

I was a little worried about turnaround time but he said he could whip it out fast for me once I get him the parts.