Alaska GTX or Marka Trek

three5x5s

WKR
For Wyoming October elk hunting. Of these two.. Hanwag Alaska GTX or Hanwag Marka Trek. I doubt there is anyone with experience with both so any info on either will help.

OP
three5x5s

three5x5s

WKR
My bad, sometimes I paste then copy.

Marble

WKR
Found this thread, pretty much settles it. Alaska GTX
I just got a pair in 14.5. They seem to fit and are comfortable. I need to wear them around the house a little bit more to make sure. They seem well made.

I also have Crispi Nevadas in a 15 coming in too. We will see... its difficult getting boots that fit with large feet.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
Just a thought. I see you're to Wyoming in October. You have other boots that are insulated?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
three5x5s

three5x5s

WKR
I feel your pair brother. I ware a mens 7 ......yes a "SEVEN".. Most store and boot co.' start at a size 8. Have an older pair of Danner pronghorn's 400s in a womens 8 that have been going to Wy.. The Danners mens 7 run big. They have stated to leak so I been on the serch for a replacement. Last time out I wore Salewa Mountain Flows and Mountain Alp. trainers. Love them both, but not if in snows. The Alp & Flow have a different form the mountain trainer., just in case you take a look at them. I found a pair of the Alaskains in a mens 7 on fleebay so they are on the way here. The Makra's for sure look great. Hope that helps.

Hancock

FNG
Just saw this and was wondering how your size 7 Alaskans turned out for you. I'm in the same boat as you. Typically wear an 8 to 8.5 depending on brand. I tried the Zamberlan 980 and 981, but got heel slip and sent them back. Talked to customer service and they recommended trying a women's 9. But when I asked about the width, they came back and told me width would likely be a problem based on my width at forefoot.
Soooo..... now I'm looking at the Hanwag Alaska, or Yukon since they go all the way down to a 7. What's your thoughts on quality, fit, etc.?