Alaska Guide Creations Autolock Buckle Upgrade

As some of you with older AGC harnesses may know, the buckles they were using prior to the current generation sometimes will not hold the webbing without slipping. On my Kodiak Cub MAX 3 of 4 buckles were fine but the right top buckle would always slip and leave that side of the harness hanging from the bino tether. AGC sells a kit to replace buckles with autolocks, but it's $15 plus $10 shipping so I decided to look for other options.

Kifaru sells 4 male autolocks for $7, 4 slotted female buckles for $5, and shipped them to me for $4 and change. Almost $10 cheaper, and I get to buy them from Kifaru. The coyote brown buckles from Kifaru are not exactly the same color as the ones that came with the harness, but they look good with my Highlander harness once installed.

Just figured I'd pass this along for anyone who might be thinking about replacing buckles.

It's possible that people who bought from AGC directly instead of used like myself may be able to get AGC to send them the kit without paying, I don't know.

ofl0926

WKR
I upgraded mine to the Kifaru buckles long time ago. Great investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
I used Kifaru buckles around my sternum and used ladder locks for the top buckles on my collar bone. I always slip my head through the hole, no need for the extra bulk.

FWIW if you buy the Kifaru repair kit, you’ll have all you need and more for cheaper than the ACG kit plus it comes in a Kifaru mini pull out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk