Alaska Guide Creations Bino Bivy Buckles

treillw

WKR
The buckles on the AGC bino bivy drive me nuts - always coming loose. I see that they offer a replacement buckle kit on their website, but those buckles are huge.

Any other solutions or buckles that will work?

Thanks!

bsnedeker

WKR
The buckles on the AGC bino bivy drive me nuts - always coming loose. I see that they offer a replacement buckle kit on their website, but those buckles are huge.

Any other solutions or buckles that will work?

Thanks!

I put the locking buckles from Kifaru on mine, they work great, I just had to cut the buckles off the pack and replaced with open ended females.

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
The AGC locking buckles look huge in the pic, but they are basically the same size as the buckles that came on it. And I believe they are the same type that Kifaru sells. They look the same anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

slowelk

WKR
I replaced three of the four with ladder locks, and then the fourth with a locking buckle from kifaru. Doesn't budge, much lower profile.

rbljack

WKR
I replaced three of the four with ladder locks, and then the fourth with a locking buckle from kifaru. Doesn't budge, much lower profile.

Can you post a more details and picture of what you did there? curious about this myself...mine seem to loosen up as well.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Can you post a more details and picture of what you did there? curious about this myself...mine seem to loosen up as well.

Also interested in this setup. Where did you get the ladder locks?

Here are split bar ladderlocs on an agc. Let's it ride higher. Probably going to do the same on my marsupial.
920d928439e7d03495855ceb860ad909.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
So I guess the ladder locks don't slips like the buckles? I thought they would be about the same as far as sliding resistance goes.

I tried wavy g hooks. They didn't slip but came off too much. Bought split bar ladderlocs to try. If I still want to reduce bulk I'll try the marsupial harness swap.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tttoadman

WKR
Here is my setup. It only makes sense to go with ladders and sliders on instead of buckles to cut weight. Mine does not slip at all and I carry my gun on top of it for hours on end. I think the key is to get the sliders on it in addition to a buckle or a ladder.

So I guess the ladder locks don't slips like the buckles? I thought they would be about the same as far as sliding resistance goes.

if you look at my picture you can see that i have the plastic 3 bar sliders right against the ladderlocs. webbing would have to slip between both pieces so i had no slippage.

slowelk

WKR
Here are my upgrades:

Ladder locks on top straps, and on left side, kifaru locking buckle on the right. I think ladder locks work better due to the three points of contact rather than the single loop on the buckle. If that makes sense.

Marsupial harness and tethers to cut down on bulk

Stone Glacier Webbing keepers

I can't load photos, haven't been able to for a while, but if you send me a PM with your number, I can text photos.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I still haven't made the modifications to my harness. Just been dealing with it for this past season. Good reminder to fix it now in the off season.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
I replaced all the buckles with locking buckles when I got mine last year. NO slipping at all. But after seeing the mods here, I'm going to try the split bar ladder locks. I'd like to get rid of the buckle bulk up top. great suggestions.

Bones

WKR
I used these buckles. I believe I pulled them off a kuiu pack or buckle kit when I had one years ago. I love that it cuts down on bulk. Not sure where to find them. Seek has some, but I think they are for 3/4” webbing. These are for 1”. If anyone can locate some, post it up here.
6C9BD106-DB5A-4B87-A3CF-873CF585DEF1.jpeg

I ordered late last year and it looks like they now come with the locking clips like on the kifaru packs. Mine hasn't moved since the day I set it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same problem, AGC bino harness slipping down. Trying to fix it this year, and also pick up a harness for my son. So tagging in here.