Alaska Guide Creations new bino pack Ravus

sndmn11

WKR
Anybody have hands on this? Looks like everything I have been wanting and why I still had an old cub max. I think mine should arrive early next week.

Anybody have hands on this? Looks like everything I have been wanting and why I still had an old cub max. I think mine should arrive early next week.

I’m really digging the slim molle panels that are starting to be put on some of the newer harnesses so you can attach smaller stuff onto them

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I’m really digging the slim molle panels that are starting to be put on some of the newer harnesses so you can attach smaller stuff onto them
For sure. I have various pieces of webbing sewn all over my, now old, pack to attach all sorts of non-sense.

Are the accessory pouches available yet?
My impression is that the Ravus bino pouch is the first of a few to be released, but the other items haven't. I think the video or the description says a person could attach two of those lil accessory pouches, so I would bet they are available separately at some point. I have two old style FHF pouches listed for sale here that I hope don't sell by the time my Ravus arrives so I can see if they fit anywhere.

etapia

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t tel how it’s better than one of the KISS harnesses with the max pocket.
To me the direction the lid opens is the big selling point but I just don't like how far it looks like it sticks out when open. I have a tendency to leave my current harness open when stalking in, this looks like it would flop around or get caught on things.

ChrisAU

WKR
I can’t tel how it’s better than one of the KISS harnesses with the max pocket.

Forward Opening Lid >>>>>Rearward

But, still uses a magnet. If someone can figure out a forward opening lid without a magnet I'll be in. As it stands, I use my AGC CUB Max for western hunting for the "chest pack" mode and use an Outdoor Vision for whitetail here because of the ease of bino/rf in and out with the forward opening lid. I also like the "shelf" the OV creates for stand hunting with the lid.

Forward Opening Lid >>>>>Rearward

But, still uses a magnet. If someone can figure out a forward opening lid without a magnet I'll be in. As it stands, I use my AGC CUB Max for western hunting for the "chest pack" mode and use an Outdoor Vision for whitetail here because of the ease of bino/rf in and out with the forward opening lid. I also like the "shelf" the OV creates for stand hunting with the lid.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
The big sell point causing me to order was the molle-ish paneling. Forward opening was a plus, I can figure out a way around the magnet if need be, but I haven't had an issue with the marsupial RF pouch I have.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
To me the direction the lid opens is the big selling point but I just don't like how far it looks like it sticks out when open. I have a tendency to leave my current harness open when stalking in, this looks like it would flop around or get caught on things.

To each their own. I’ve used a KISS for about 5 years now and never once have I wished the lid opened in a different direction or that I could strap stuff to the front of it.

ChrisAU

WKR
Kuiu also opens forward and remains open without magnets. But I've also heard great things about Marsupial

Yeah I've tried the Kuiu, I like it too. Really like the design of the OV that allows you to grab the side of the binos, as well as their RF pocket. May try out that Marsupial. My AGC is tolerable because it has a rigid lid at least. FHF has been my least favorite. I've had a pile of them. I liked the older Marsupial over the newer one because of ease to grab the binos from the side.

OV is current best of both worlds if you don't mind magnets. But, I've had magnets interfere with nav equipment when hunting, and even just last week my buddy wondered why when we both agreed to head North that I stepped off heading a different direction than him...he was holding his compass sorta close to his chest and it was off a good bit.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
This Ravus showed up on Saturday and is rad. The slotted panels let me put what pockets where I wanted and ended up saving me about 3" in width.

I received mine and it's a really nice pack, very well made and well thought out. It's just a little big for me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
3db67087907f670b9c6ee051475133f0.jpg

Last edited:
OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Anyone heard when the Ravus pocket will be available separately?
I was told January. In the meantime, I put one this on my holiday list for the front.

ChrisAU

WKR
I was told January. In the meantime, I put one this on my holiday list for the front.
Nice will look into it, thanks!

feanor

WKR
Just saw this post- I impulse bought one right away because of the features on it. I like the ability to load it up with stuff ( which I tend to do). Seems really well built and well thought out overall. Still need to put it through a season though.