Alaska question?

My wife and I are watching a hunting show that is in Alaska and she asked a question I have never thought about or seen. Do hunters in Alaska have to wear orange on any hunt? I haven’t seen any orange? Had me curious. Thanks for the answer guys!

gbflyer

WKR
My wife and I are watching a hunting show that is in Alaska and she asked a question I have never thought about or seen. Do hunters in Alaska have to wear orange on any hunt? I haven’t seen any orange? Had me curious. Thanks for the answer guys!

I’ve seen some waterfowlers wearing it in special wetlands areas open to hunting near town. There could be some different regs near the military bases also, not sure. Some require hunter safety card as an example. But for general public land hunting out in the weeds, no.

22lr

WKR
Not required for most big game hunts. Im saying "most" as im sure there may be 1 or 2 where it is, but ya, I have never worn it up here unless I'm hunting Caribou off the roads.

Kaleb W

FNG
Not required but it's a good idea on some hunts... road system caribou hunts in particular. Things turn western real quick when a herd crosses the road and people start bailing out of their trucks.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Not required but it's a good idea on some hunts... road system caribou hunts in particular. Things turn western real quick when a herd crosses the road and people start bailing out of their trucks.

I was just going to say....great idea for road system caribou hunts. I’ve only don’t that once but there were hundreds of 4 wheelers, gun shots all around, somebody could have made good $$$ by picking up all the crap off the roads and trails that fell off people Honda’s and trailers.