Alaska Question

shaun

WKR
Before I ask I will say I just printed out the Regs but was wanting to cheat a little since there are so many people on the forum that live there. I have a ton of family that lives in Keni and havebeen wantingto head up there to archery hunt. I was cuious how the regs work with animals Alaska requires the use of guides for. I remember reading that a non resident can hunt those animals wthout a guide only if the are hunting within 100yards of a resident. Does that sound right? Like i said I am going to read through the regulations but figured I would tap this resource as well.

swat8888

WKR
The easy answer: Nova is right, non-residents require a guide for Grizz/Brown Bear, Goat, and Sheep.

The harder answer: Depends how close your kindred is with your family up there. If they are within two degrees of kindred (mom, dad, bro, sis, bro-in-law, sis-in-law, grand parent, etc....see page 10 of the regs I'm too lazy to type them all it isn't letting me copy and paste) and they are 19yrs or older and in possession of a current hunting license, and within 100yds of you when you attempt to take any game you are except from the guide requirement.

Also keep in mind in Alaska any of the archery only hunts and some of the restricted areas (i.e.- The Dalton Corridor) require you to have an NBEF/IBEP certification is required to hunt with a bow. You can archery hunt without a certification during any of the other non-specific weapons hunt. Kinda silly but that's how it works up there.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04