Alaska Spring Black Bear Hunt

BowMan86

FNG
A couple buddies and I are looking at driving down to the Kenai Peninsula near Cooper landing for a DIY spring bear hunt. We reserved a remote cabin for the week of May 9-14th. Has any one hunted this area this time of year and would you think we are hunting to early in the year? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

OP
BowMan86

BowMan86

FNG
Hopefully it won’t be an issue, I was seeing some bears out around Prince William Sound last year on May 10th. I was able to get the dates pushed back to the 11th-17th. Maybe a little better chance of timing it right.

Hopefully it won’t be an issue, I was seeing some bears out around Prince William Sound last year on May 10th. I was able to get the dates pushed back to the 11th-17th. Maybe a little better chance of timing it right.

The first week of may is when we typically have bears hit our baits for the first time. Our baits are low and I’m sure those bears aren’t traveling far. If you’re looking high, I’d try and give it a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What gear do you usually pack for your spring bear hunt? Getting ready to my own DIY this may as well in the unit 14 area.