Alaska travel

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
Make it happen, it's worth it...I am waiting in Fairbanks for my return flight.
ef08e02099309d12e896465db1b5f4a8.jpg

Great bull Jimmy!

We leave on the 12th. Plan as of now is to get tested at home before flying out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Great bull Jimmy!

We leave on the 12th. Plan as of now is to get tested at home before flying out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Upload the results and if the dates are good, you will breeze through. They been setting up check stations before all the flights come in Fairbanks, we watched them all last night..
I just arrived at home.

Wyo78

FNG
We have a similar schedule, landing in Anchorage around 11:55 pm on September 8th, sleeping on air pad until 10am flight to Kotz on the 9th. We leave the Tuesday after labor day, so makes the 72 hour testing thing even trickier with the long weekend. Hoping that as long as we can get a test done on labor day, or drop off a mail in test on Tuesday a.m. we will be good to travel on to the tundra on Wednesday afternoon.
Certainly adds some hurdles to the whole thing, but can't wait to get to Alaska!
Sweet bull, congrats!

Aeast

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried to get through with the antigen test? Are they looking closely at the type of test?

Ibex

FNG
Has anyone tried to get through with the antigen test? Are they looking closely at the type of test?
We flew in on the 5th, nobody looked at dates or what kind of test in Fairbanks. We showed them the email and pointed at negative and they sent us on. Mine was an antigen test because of ups problems with my everywell test. When we left on the 20th the people departing the plane were being asked if they had the online form on their phone filed out so it might have changed by now.

Trial153

WKR
The women that checked ours on the 11th was very diligent, and seeing how the lines progressed on Friday evening it seems like thats theme has carried over.

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
The women that checked ours on the 11th was very diligent, and seeing how the lines progressed on Friday evening it seems like thats theme has carried over.

Maybe they’re reading this thread.

Out of curiosity, anyone know why the antigen test isn’t accepted? Higher error rate? I could probably ask in that crazy kung flu thread but... that thing got darn wild. And I still probably wouldn’t get the right answer. Smh.

Aeast

Lil-Rokslider
From what I read, yes, higher false positive rate. I thought we were in the clear, I can drive 10 miles down the road and be done in 30 minutes, but now we are left with few options. We fly out the 9th and because of labor day weekend can't get tested or can't ship in a test.

You cant get a test the week of the 9th?? You only need proof of the test, dont need results. Schedule one for tuesday the 8th and make sure you have proof of the test. I have it confirmed in an email and on the phone that it is ok to continue on to your final destination. My exact question was if i can quarantine in the woods where there is no cell phone reception (the actual mandate says you need to be in cell phone range while you quarantine) The response i got was yes, w/ proof of a pending result you can continue on to your destination. Upload the results to the portal when you get back into cell phone range. Just as McSeal stated above a couple pages back.... Hope this helps.....

GOnDEEP

Lil-Rokslider
Ok so you make it into the bush, complete your hunt and upon returning to civilization, have a positive result awaiting you. What next? Re-test and wait in AK pending your results would be my best guess but has anyone got an answer to this question from a creditable source?

You go home after your hunt?? Personally, by the time i receive that result it will be almost 20 days old. Even w/ a week long trip, a test 72 hours before that is 10 days. You should be cleared. Here is the response i got from the Alaska Dept. of Health and social services. I also got the same answer on the phone. I will follow up to the email and ask them about someone w/ a shorter trip, if they get a positive result here and will post the response here.

1598448163353.png

Last edited:
So i asked about receiving a positive result after coming out of the woods specifically on a 7 day trip or shorter here is their response.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200826-132802.png
    Screenshot_20200826-132802.png
    382 KB · Views: 53
Which i wont have to worry about now.... Just received my negative result(s). Everlywell at home test taken Monday evening got results today at noon (around 43 hours from dropped in the mail. Also got my local results in 26 hours today. First trip to Alaska here I come!!!:p

Wyo78

FNG
Does the 72 hour clock start from when you take the test, or from when you get results or from when the lab first receives you test?
Also when does the window close, from the time you get on first flight, or when you land at final destination? Or Anchorage in between?
Thanks everyone for all of the great information, what a great source of information this forum is.

I assumed when you took the test for the at home one, but someone else was told that AK would accept when the test was delivered to the facility. I have not personally confirmed that. The 72 hours is from your departure of your first flight.