Alaska travel

brsnow

WKR
Will be interesting with different parts of the country heating up if people from certain states will not be allowed.

I was told yesterday by my sheep guide that fish and game has no intention to alter the fall season. My only concern is what if you test positive on your test. Will alaska just deny you entry?

Whip

WKR
Truthfully, if I had a positive test I'd not want to be in the Alaskan Bush. A positive test result for either myself or my partner and we are done for this year. Neither of us want to go alone, nor would we want to travel there if we had a positive test. It's a worry, but just the way it is this year.

My top priority is to NOT test positive....period. It has almost nothing to do with hunting, and everything to do with my current and future health. If I do contract the virus I definitely want to know it asap.

Trial153

WKR
Coming from someone that has treated covid patients and has personal experiences with way more than a handful of friends and colleagues who have had this. This is not something you want to transmiting to others, especially is communities with limited resources. Regardless of our personal concerns we have obligation to others who may effected by our decisions.

My plans are to have the pretest and results in hand, then I also left enough time to comply should I have to be tested upon my arrival and await results.
I hope it goes smoothly for myself, my hunting partner and everyone traveling.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I wish they would just lock down AK to out of system until this is figured out. There were nearly zero cases in some regions until all the dirty cannery workers showed up, now we are getting 5-15 new cases per day in those areas. Enough is enough.

gbflyer

WKR
I was told yesterday by my sheep guide that fish and game has no intention to alter the fall season. My only concern is what if you test positive on your test. Will alaska just deny you entry?

The best thing to do is have your “within 72hr test” in hand before you land here. Then you’re good. If you wait until you get here to test, you’ll need 2 of them and it gets complicated. If you end up testing positive here, you will be contacted by DHSS Health nurse and you will get to quarantine at you’re own expense. Not a fun trip.

keller

WKR
so who is checking to see if you have your 72 hour test? is it at the airport when you land? and if you dont have the test and do it at the airport is their a specific quarantine lace to go or can you quarantine anywhere with a relative hotel of choice etc...?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
so who is checking to see if you have your 72 hour test? is it at the airport when you land? and if you dont have the test and do it at the airport is their a specific quarantine lace to go or can you quarantine anywhere with a relative hotel of choice etc...?

who knows....which is why I’m over it and think we need to shut AK down to out of state travel, we had very VERY few cases until all the 48ers started showing up.

my buddy just flew up for the week and you have to fill out a form when you land and then show your negative test to them, they document it and he was off to go halibut fishing. I believe he filled out the form before he landed so he didnt have to wait around to long.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Good chance that will take place.

I feel bad for anybody effected by it, fact of the matter is that even my hunts are in jeopardy due to work and travel restrictions, I just don’t know what else can be done, every day there are new cases, all from out of state and it’s starting to get ridiculous, there isn’t even a solid plan for the opening schools in August and they keep letting people come up here and spread the covid around. Enough is enough, it’s only a matter of time until there’s an outbreak in a smaller village or hub city that dosent have the ability to handle it.

Whip, i finally got my respone about the "re-test". ...... "Since you will not be in an area where testing is available, you can simply minimize interactions (which your trip does) for 14 days. After that, you do not need to retest. " Thanks for the heads up!!!

The10%

Lil-Rokslider
I wish they would just lock down AK to out of system until this is figured out. There were nearly zero cases in some regions until all the dirty cannery workers showed up, now we are getting 5-15 new cases per day in those areas. Enough is enough.
No AK seafood for the world this year then? Those "dirty" cannery workers are from all over the world, and majority not even from the 48. I can understand being frustrated.... but people have to eat and make a living right? The show must go on, in my opinion.

mcseal2

WKR
When we asked about fall plans our transporter said:

We are operating and recommend all clients read state and local mandates

Sounds like it’s up to us to get to him while following the law, but if we can do that he will take is.