Alaska travel

I have a test scheduled at a local place that has next day results but also going to do the Everlywell at home test as well.

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
So it looks like the breakdown was getting the test to you from the company and the testing was within their guidelines? Do they let you order the kit a week or two in advance and then you just sit on it until you need it?
Yes, both Everlywell and Picture Genetics, I have been able to order a bit early.

kpalu

FNG
Those of you that have done the at home test and mailed it in. How do they show when you took the test so you can verify it was taken within 72 hours of departure.

This place said they process samples over the weekend and receive Saturday morning fedex but in their report it only shows when they received the sample and when the results were posted.

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
Those of you that have done the at home test and mailed it in. How do they show when you took the test so you can verify it was taken within 72 hours of departure.

This place said they process samples over the weekend and receive Saturday morning fedex but in their report it only shows when they received the sample and when the results were posted.

Good question. Here’s what was provided with my Everlywell results. Check the portion I highlighted red. Collection date and report date.

I sent my Picture Genetics sample in yesterday. I’ll update here when I get my results, but I bet it will be similar. They use the same lab.

Attachments

• E9A5508B-0D4C-4D79-849E-805C628999F4.jpeg
    E9A5508B-0D4C-4D79-849E-805C628999F4.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 60

kpalu

FNG
Good question. Here’s what was provided with my Everlywell results. Check the portion I highlighted red. Collection date and report date.

I sent my Picture Genetics sample in yesterday. I’ll update here when I get my results, but I bet it will be similar. They use the same lab.

Was 7/27 the day they received it in the mail? So you took your sample 7/26?

just got my negative test this morning at a hospital about 1.5 hrs away. Heading to fairbanks on Thursday. took 3 hours to drive there and back for a 5 minute visit. But now i dont have to worry about it

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
Was 7/27 the day they received it in the mail? So you took your sample 7/26?
No, I took the sample 27 Jul and dropped it in the UPS box that same day. According to UPS it was delivered the morning of the 28th.

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
Sent out our Picture Genetics tests this evening. Fed Ex tracking says they will be there tomorrow at 1030 AM. The process was very simple and the instructions were great. We're hoping for results back Friday,

Fingers crossed.

Josh86

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like nonresidents can still be tested at the airport but it'll cost us $250.

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
Got my neg results from Picture Genetics. Swabbed my schnoz Monday, dropped it in the mail, results came middle of the night Tuesday/Wednesday. Faster than Everlywell, but both were sufficiently fast for me. Flying to Fairbanks in less than 24 hrs.

Oh, and it was $109. Ish. Maybe $119. Either way, cheaper than $250 at the airport.

Southeast

FNG
The way I read the 8/5/2020 update - now you can "quarantine" as long as you have uploaded proof that you took a test in the last 72 hours. That's a pretty significant improvement.

The way I read the 8/5/2020 update - now you can "quarantine" as long as you have uploaded proof that you took a test in the last 72 hours. That's a pretty significant improvement.
Do you think their “Quarantine” means you can continue on to your destination, as in your hunt, and just forward your results when you receive them? Even though that would be after an individuals hunt as no one would have cell service. I hope you are correct in your thinking.

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
I paid $119 for Picture Genetics. I received an in process email from them shortly after Fed-Ex delivered it. So far so good.

Southeast

FNG
Do you think their “Quarantine” means you can continue on to your destination, as in your hunt, and just forward your results when you receive them? Even though that would be after an individuals hunt as no one would have cell service. I hope you are correct in your thinking.

Based on what I saw in the airport at Juneau a couple weeks ago I’d say yes. Maybe they’ll change things up going forward, but I doubt it.

Dhhs did call me back that day which was nice to see. They were as surprised as everyone else was at the governors new mandate, as they had no heads up. She said as of now, if people have proof of a test, but no results, they were letting them go on from there, ie. anchorage and quarantine in the woods. Just like everyone else, she doesn’t know what is next per Dunleavy. She advised me to call the village of Kotz, as that’s my final commercial flight destination so I did. The women I spoke to was very nice but also very adamant that if I arrive in Kotz without a negative result, I couldn’t go forward.. which at that point I’m already 95% there.

So this morning I ordered a Pixel test and I am going to test the turn around result time and go from there. We will see
An update from my pixel experience: I received it this past Friday and waited until Monday the 3rd to take the test. For me, this is closest to mirror what I have to do as my flight departure is on a Thursday. (72 hour window.)
The test was easy, and the return package was simple. You just need to register the test the same day you take it. They provide you with a number on the test tube to use as a registration. FedEx picks up at 5:45pm Monday. I received emails along the way as to it’s status. Received an email this morning at 12:02 with negative result. Now I have to just hide out for 4 more weeks so I can get another negative! Lol

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
Question--- How will I work this? I fly out at 4pm Texas time(1pm Alaska time) on a Monday Aug 31 arriving in ANC at 10pm(Alaska time) then overnight there before flying to Kotzebue on Sept 1 arriving about noon. My 72 hr. window would be like 10pm the previous Friday night or noon the previous Saturday pending whichever destination they require. You math experts help me out with this one. Should I wait and take it on the morning I depart that afternoon for being within the 72 hr. window?

Josh86

Lil-Rokslider
Question--- How will I work this? I fly out at 4pm Texas time(1pm Alaska time) on a Monday Aug 31 arriving in ANC at 10pm(Alaska time) then overnight there before flying to Kotzebue on Sept 1 arriving about noon. My 72 hr. window would be like 10pm the previous Friday night or noon the previous Saturday pending whichever destination they require. You math experts help me out with this one. Should I wait and take it on the morning I depart that afternoon for being within the 72 hr. window?
The 72hrs is before your departure not arrival... I would do a picture genetics mail in test and send it in friday right at the FedEx pickup time 5:30PM or so. That would give you 80+ hours to get results before you land in Kotzebue. This is my plan anyways.

gbflyer

WKR
I live in AK and it’s amazing to me when I read this how many folks are willing to go through all the BS to get here. I appreciate your efforts to try to follow the rules as best you can and also your support of our businesses. Thank you.

As someone mentioned, stay in close communication with your local contacts as many small municipalities off the road system have full authority from the State to mandate more stringent requirements. And beware of some of the locals who would throw rotten tomatoes at visitors (if there were any).

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
My sample was received at Picture Genetics, 10:30 AM yesterday. My results came in at 1:30 PM today. Just a little over 24 hours. Very happy how this worked out.