Alaskan Air credit card miles?

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few questions for those that have and use the card for miles.
I got the card last year. I manage to get from 2,000 to 3,000 miles a month (I pay the balance each month). I will have 100,000 miles by the end of the year.
I live in Arkansas and like to fly out of NW Arkansas, but can use Little Rock which is closer.
I would ask Alaska Air, but hold times can be hours to talk to anyone.
I have noticed when I look to use miles those days are not available. Yet if you do not use miles it shows tickets available. It says no black out days. What is the reason for this?
I also think the airports I use are a poor choice for their air line.
I am able to use American Air Lines as well, but their flight selection does not have an option to shop with miles.
Any Idea how to use miles with partner air lines?

slick trick

Lil-Rokslider
ARE YOU USING THE APP ON THE PHONE OR ARE YOU USING A PC WHEN YOU ARE SEARCHING ?
reason i ask it cause up on the top it shows to use miles you click on the round circle and then select dates ? what air port and what dates ? let me see if it blocks me !

I have a few questions for those that have and use the card for miles.
I got the card last year. I manage to get from 2,000 to 3,000 miles a month (I pay the balance each month). I will have 100,000 miles by the end of the year.
I live in Arkansas and like to fly out of NW Arkansas, but can use Little Rock which is closer.
I would ask Alaska Air, but hold times can be hours to talk to anyone.
I have noticed when I look to use miles those days are not available. Yet if you do not use miles it shows tickets available. It says no black out days. What is the reason for this?
I also think the airports I use are a poor choice for their air line.
I am able to use American Air Lines as well, but their flight selection does not have an option to shop with miles.
Any Idea how to use miles with partner air lines?
I booked my flight to Kotzebue on Alaska miles. Same issue with wait times. But if you call you can leave your number and they'll call you back.

weaver

WKR
I don’t believe Alaska air miles are valid for any partner airlines.
When I’m booking flights with them it drastically cuts my available options when booking with miles.

Alaska air mile are only available for some partner flights. But they are available to all AK air flights. Check into flying out of OKC will miles and see what you come up with.

Wrench

WKR
If you pick dates and airports, we can check for. When I worked on the slope, my android, ipad and pc could all get different results some times.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
This is disappointing to hear. I just signed up for the Alaska Airlines BofA card last month because they said no blackout flights and advertised 60K miles if you spend $3,500 in the first 90 days. Being from a town outside of Atlanta, I have been a loyal Delta Skymiles accumulator through Amex since 1998, but every time I try to use their companion passes (how they justify the annual fee) they do the same thing as what you describe, so they are useless for the trips I take. All these airlines are operating on the same playbook.... flying used to be something really special. People got dressed up, everybody was treated like first class and appreciated the experience, and were on their best behavior. Now its like riding greyhound, the companies look at us like cattle, and screw us at every turn so they can to squeeze more money out of higher fares

Holmes

Lil-Rokslider
I have not had this issue with AK Air, but my flights are usually starting and ending at ANC, so it makes sense that it would be easier for me.
When I've had similar issues booking other airlines with credit card points or airline miles I have used Google Flight search first - found an itinerary that works - then gone to the carrier's webpage, pulled up that exact flights and paid for it with the miles.
I don't know why the search functions on various carrier's sites are so weird, but Google Flights works as the best filter for me.

warrbuk

WKR
You can go on the Alaska Air and book using your miles. My wife and I have flown to Italy twice using miles.

The website will give you options with their “Partners” for your chosen departure and destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk