Alaskan float trip

My buddy and I are starting to plan a self-guided moose float trip. Looks like 2023-2024 is most likely the earliest date we can plan on. It seems most outfitters/transporters are booked through 2022.
I’ve hunted moose and caribou north of Kotzebue in 2000. I passed 50” first day. Only moose I saw in ten days. This float trip will be another great experience.
Any recommendations on area we should look into would be appreciated

Bob

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
Since you're a couple of years out, I recommend hiring a hunt planner and more specifically, Larry Bartlett. Nobody knows the rivers and streams in this state better than Larry and he has a pulse on game densities and what kind of pressure to expect. I hired him back in 07 to put a moose hunt together for myself and a good friend from out of state. We rented a Levitator from him and he did all the leg work, hiring an air charter, making sure we were well informed on water levels, gave us maps and told us what to expect as far as moose densities.

We had a great hunt, my buddy passed on a huge 60"+ bull the first day because we were just starting our trip and we didn't want to risk losing any meat. I took a 52" bull on the 5th day and that was the last bull we saw during the trip but we were ok with it. Had a grizzly come through our camp at the take out the day we were being picked up but luckily I heard it coming before he found our moose meat.

boliver29

Lil-Rokslider
Kent Kaiser at Alaskan quest I’m going next year with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhosera

FNG
+1 for Larry's Service ........Used him in 2014 and he was great. We'd like to use him again but he's booked a million years out!

mooster

WKR
I thought Larry wasn’t taking new clients? I didn’t bother reaching out previously perhaps on bad info.

OP
BighornBob
His name pops up on every forum I visit. I have watched his videos and like what I see. He seems to be in touch with his hunt areas and I believe he is man for the job.. Thanks for the input, everyone.

Bob

E Butler

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy and I both shot a moose and each got a caribou with Larry. Great hunt.

Clarktar

WKR
His name pops up on every forum I visit. I have watched his videos and like what I see. He seems to be in touch with his hunt areas and I believe he is man for the job.. Thanks for the input, everyone.

Bob
He is one of the most genuine persons I've met.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk