Alaskan Guide Creation

KINGSNAKE

WKR
Do any of you guys keep an extra mag loaded in your bino pack ready to rock. I always carried my extra ammo in my pack and this seems way more convenient. And if for some reason the mag fell out of the gun on a hike you have a spare with you ready to go. 4 round mag in the gun and 4 round mag in the bino pack should be plenty of ammo for day hikes and some may say backcountry hunts. How many rounds do carry?

Attachments

• 20190210_200218.jpg
    20190210_200218.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 58

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Until recently I didn't have any rifles with a detachable magazine so I didnt carry magazines but I pretty much always had 3-5 rounds in my AGC KISS bino harness in one of the mesh side pockets. I never really needed them and could have kept them in any pocket on my clothing but they ride well there.

If I hunt with my Tikka this year, I'll carry a spare mag but I don't know if it will fit in the KISS pockets.

I carry a pair of loaded 3 rd Tikka mags in mine. One in the mesh pocket on either side of my cabelas Kuiu harness knockoff. Between that and a 5 rd in the gun, it’s usually all the ammunition I bring.

One of the best parts of a detachable mag is how handy it is to bring the extra ammo, and putting it on your chest is a no brainer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
I keep 3 rounds in my agc kiss. All of my rifles have floor plates. May be time for a change, now that I think about it. All my rifles are heavy, blued steel and walnut.

No I have never lost a mag so no need to carry extras. I use the small pouch on side to carry 8-10 loose rounds in the hills. Some say you only need a few but misses happen and rounds are light.

Chico103

Lil-Rokslider
I always carry a spare mag mag for my xbolt. Usually in a cargo pocket. Better to have it and not need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skierhs

WKR
I carry a spare mag in my backpack. I’m thinking of switching it up with a bullet binder to cut the weight and carry a few extra rounds ontop of what a mag would give me. Either way it’s a cip length 338 mag so it has to be in my backpack. I’d love to have one in my chest rig if it’d fit.

HookUp

WKR
I carry extra rounds on my rifle stock. I wouldn't give that chest pack real estate to bullets.

vegas hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I put single rounds in separate pockets. Saves the weight of an extra mag and they are available in my bino pack. Keep no more than 8 total on me. Always been able to get it done with that.