Alaskan guide eight man tent vestibule question

cpink123

FNG
I have the older eight man Alaskan guide tent with aluminum poles and what the bag says is standard vestibule. However, I have noticed the vestibule has a hole on the top that you can cinch up would this be for stove?

Attachments

• IMG_4670.jpeg
    IMG_4670.jpeg
    375.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4673.jpeg
    IMG_4673.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 15

Geewhiz

WKR
V8.jpg

Is it like this?

Ive got an older north face dome tent that has a penetration in the side like is shown here and I'm not sure what it's purpose is. I'm sure its not for a stove, but possibly just alternate access?

OP
C

cpink123

FNG
V8.jpg

Is it like this?

Ive got an older north face dome tent that has a penetration in the side like is shown here and I'm not sure what it's purpose is. I'm sure its not for a stove, but possibly just alternate access?
Kind of but it’s more of a tube on the top of the vestibule with a similar closure mechanism

DWD

Lil-Rokslider
V8.jpg

Is it like this?

It’s a bailout hole for when a bear gets in your tent. Make sure you sleep on that side.

OP
C

cpink123

FNG
I am looking to sell the tent as well if anyone is interested let me know looking to get 500

VernAK

WKR
Our hunting/fishing gang has a half dozen of those 8 man Cabelas from several generations and I don't recall ever seeing a stove pipe jack or vent in any of them.