Alaskan Moose Hunt

g5bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Planning a Alaskan Moose Hunt in 2021. A buddy and I are wanting a DIY hunt. Looking for recommendations for a outfitter to fly us in and out. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhett_11

Lil-Rokslider
40 mile air did a good job. Owner is rude in my opinion but to get you in and out i had no complaints they did a great job.

Not sure if your looking specifically for fly in or not but there are a couple Outfitters I would recommend
Deadhorse Outfitters transports by Air-Boat in Unit 24A on the Koyukuk river.
North Star Outfitters I believe does both Air-boat and fly in not sure what the units they do drop camps
Hope this helps give you a couple different options to look at

AKDoc

WKR
If you want to hunt in western Alaska unit 18 (an any bull unit...but mostly very wet), then Renfro or Papa Bear are good options. I've used Renfro for many years, and he is a good man. I'll be using him again for two trips this fall. The first one starts next week! I've heard good things about Papa Bear, but I don't have any first hand experience with him.

BTW...these are fly-in/drop-off hunts.

mcseal2

WKR
Papa Bear did a great job for us last year. We booked in 2015 and they honored that price. It has gone up quite a bit since then. I think we did our whole hunt including tag, plane tickets, etc for what Papa Bear is charging now. I think that's just what it's going to cost going forward though, they aren't out of line with others.

OP
G

g5bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely looking for a fly in hunt.

I’ve had nothing but good experiences with 40mile air. Safe and experienced pilots and reasonable rates.

started looking into moose hunting the last couple of years, getting more serious now, seems like prices really jumped the last year, anywhere from $5500-$7500 for a drop Camp, I was hoping to do a whole DIY trip for $7000, using an air taxi. Don't know if this is possible or not.