Alaskan Peninsula moose hunting?

PA Hunter

WKR
Can anyone tell me if its decent moose hunting the Alaskan Peninsula out of Iliamna from a bush plane? I know this is a broad question about to pull the trigger on a 2024 DIY moose drop hunt told it can be in Unit #9,16,17,19. He did give me a date of September 5-15th for the moose hunt. I am only familiar with Eastern Alaska Fairbanks to Tok.

bmrfish

WKR
The answer to your question would be yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
Unit 9, 16, 17 and 19 is like the size of Minnesota if not bigger.

Is there good moose hunting there? Yes. I believe ADFG just moved the season back a few days for this year in GMU 9. But we should ask @Mykolaivka887 to be sure.

OP
P

PA Hunter

WKR
I had the trip originally planned for 2024. I got cold feet not finding much info on my hunt so switched it to Renfros 2026.

I will be in Newfoundland again next week practicing my calls anyway.

Im headed to the peninsula this September for a DIY moose hunt. Anyone know what the chances of tagging a wolf or black bear might be?

Im headed to the peninsula this September for a DIY moose hunt. Anyone know what the chances of tagging a wolf or black bear might be?
Higher chance of brownie for sure. More wolves than blacks but they’re a lot tougher to get within killing range than a black bear. Good luck!