Alberta Big Horn Sheep Questions

I am a Canadian resident out of Ontario Canada, I do have my WIN# associated with the province. I am putting in for a big horn sheep license this year. My question is IF I draw do I still require an outfitter to take me or can it be like British Columbia where I can have a resident take me out as long as they purchase an accompany permit ?

I am a Canadian resident out of Ontario Canada, I do have my WIN# associated with the province. I am putting in for a big horn sheep license this year. My question is IF I draw do I still require an outfitter to take me or can it be like British Columbia where I can have a resident take me out as long as they purchase an accompany permit ?
you can have a resident hunter host you.

OP
BraedenD93
you can have a resident hunter host you.
The other question I had was that if I draw in a unit that is public land or parks. Like unit 410 - 412 and the park allows me to hunt. Can I do that without a guide or a resident or do I still have to have either or with me ?

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
The other question I had was that if I draw in a unit that is public land or parks. Like unit 410 - 412 and the park allows me to hunt. Can I do that without a guide or a resident or do I still have to have either or with me ?

If you were to draw (which might be a long shot unless Alberta upped the 2 non-resident sheep tags), you would need a guide/outfitter or resident no matter which zone or park you were drawn in.

There is also extremely few parks that you can hunt in. Its sort of complicated. The willmore wilderness you can hunt in and a couple other wilderness parks but any provincial parks or national parks you cant hunt in.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
A guide or hunter host will be required regardless of where you hunt in Alberta.
National and provincial parks cant be hunted in, wildland provincial parks can be hunted in.
iHunter Alberta shows a lot of this info for a pretty reasonable price.

Rackmastr

WKR
As said, if drawn you need to hire the services of an outfitter or have a Hunter Host in Alberta. Looks like the 2 drawn last year were P14, but there are a lot of people with higher points that could affect results on any given year.

I'm a P8 so likely wont ever draw, but was lucky enough to live in AB for a long time and got to be a part of a few bighorn kills and handful of hunts there.

Good luck in the draw!

I am fairly certain that if you’re not from Alberta you need an Outfitter to hunt Sheep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a draw for a very few amount of tags (maybe only like 2) that non-residents can put in for. If drawn, you have to either have an outfitter or a resident hunter host. You cant hunt alberta without that.