alberta fall black bear spot and stalk???

ozyclint

WKR
gday guys.
i have a hunting friend in alberta who is able to host me. i'm wanting to ask about good areas for spotting and stalking them in the fall. i'd like to combine this hunt with a mule deer and white tail tag or elk if possible. don't have to be in the same area though. i'm planning to go for up to 3 weeks.
just wondering generally how the spot and stalk hunting for them is in alberta? any particular food to seek out?
any info would be great.

Manosteel

WKR
Do you have any ideas what WMU's you will be hunting? There are alot of areas in the central, east central and northern eastern parts of Alberta you can hunt all species that you are looking at. Do plan on bowhunting or rifle, that will dictate the available of OTC tags or draw only areas. We have bears all over Alberta and its common to run into bears while hunting for moose and elk or mule deer.

Manosteel

WKR
And for spot and stalk, logging clear cuts are the best bet, if you can get close to the rocky mountains, the old logging roads, cutlines, and side hills are excellent places to look. In some areas, there are problems with bears comming to the sound of gun shots. Its like a dinner bell.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As I recall you can only do two species on a hunter host arrangement. If you're going in the fall I would concentrate on mule deer and bear for you.

dc

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
Changes coming to the regulations this year for Mule deer along the southwest foothills zones. Sounds like no more general tags for bowhunting, still general for black bear. If you're headed into this area of the province you might have to cross Mulies off your list.