Alcohol and Preparing for a Backpack Hunt

Rockin'A

FNG
My wife will pack in a liter of wine when we go backpacking, but when we go hunting we focus all our efforts on hunting. But there is always an ice chest of beer or a bottle of wine/bourbon in the truck when we are done.

Tod osier

WKR
I will normally take a bladder with a bottle of crown in it for a week of backpack hunting. It’s enough for a few drinks a night and at 11-12,000 ft it doesn’t take a lot. The ic chest at the truck normally has beer in it for when we get back or bring loads down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to get to posts 10, 11 and 12 before some quality info. Nice work guys. I use the soda bottle method with bourbon, myself.

Because the alcohol leads to dehydration and i always seem to get dehydrated at any elevation, i leave it alone

I have been a very heavy drinker for years. Finally gave it up last summer, and my hunting season was much better for it. Feel better physically and mentally, plus leaves a lot of extra money on the table for new gear.

I have been a very heavy drinker for years. Finally gave it up last summer, and my hunting season was much better for it. Feel better physically and mentally, plus leaves a lot of extra money on the table for new gear.

Same here....unfortunately it took a restraining order to get me there....don't miss getting sauced at all....