Alcohol consumption based on hunt success

Alright so ive been sober for almost 2 months in preparation for archery elk here in MT. A buddy and I are trying to come up with a constructive way to allow drinking following a successful hunt. So far this is the point system we have come up with for various species we will be hunting during the next few months..
Elk - 15 drinks each (2 tags)
Deer - 6 drinks each (6 tags)
Antelope - 8 drinks each (3 tags)
Bear - 10 drinks
Turkey - 6 drinks
Grouse - bonus 1 drink to whatever hunt

Feel free to join in and make suggestions to the points system
Need to add trophy size to it. 300 + bull 5 extra drinks. 350+ 5 more and if you get a 400 drink until you can see straight for a month . Deer same thing.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
OP-just curious....are you in your early 20's?

I think harvest hooch should be in order, but man you sound like my nephew (he's a 21 yr old Jarhead)

me and my gang always pack a water bottle or two full of whiskey on our pack in hunts. its nice to take a few pulls each night and talk shit/tell stories. One time my buddy Zach killed a really big buck, drank all his whiskey and got so drunk he couldn't find his tent. True story lol

Vids

WKR
We're from the upper midwest where drinking is a local pastime. There is usually plenty of beer/whiskey in camp but most of the consumption comes after a kill since we like to hunt hard (and are now too old to tie one on and get up early). Although we do have a tradition of arriving to camp two days early so we can have one fun night beforehand.

Just throwing out an idea here as it's come to be a fun tradition for myself on every hunt. I'm a craft beer fan, and before every hunt I buy a nice bomber bottle of beer that only gets cracked after a kill. Plenty of fond memories for me now of sitting in camp while the crew is elk hunting, and I get to sip on that while I make dinner for them. I save all those bottles and write down the event and year with a Sharpie. I have a little shelf in my garage filled with these bottles and when I look up and see "2019 Cow Elk" written on that bottle it brings back the memories.

Last edited:

Jakerex

WKR
At late season flintlock camp there is always a bottle of whisky waiting for a buck to be killed. If that happens, peops work to field dress the buck while someone runs for the whisky. Usually a good end of the hunt, and start it the rest of the evening, no matter what time of day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squamch

WKR
We drink beer on truck hunts. No hard stuff unless someone kills a big critter. On backpack hunts I usually have one or 2 cans of beer, no hard stuff. My hunting partner usually brings 1 joint per 2 days. I don't smoke, but he does. No points system, just reasonable adult consumption.

A few years ago i went to visit family and hunted their farm from a ground blind. My cousin shows up with a 24 case when we crawled in at 1pm. We finished it all off, got a big fat doe.

Beer Blind 2015 we called it. Probably not the best idea we ever had

Are you sure your not from Wisconsin. Lol

Will_m

WKR
0 alcohol ever. Maybe when I was young dumb kid. No need.
Shouldn't need any alcohol to enjoy life or success

I agree with this, but I also know, for a fact, that alcohol makes everything better.......for a little while.

If you have ever read Undaunted Courage, which is about the Lewis and Clark expedition, one could argue that whiskey is quite the moral booster as well.

The math isn't as simple as your'e making it out to be. Maybe a drink or two rite after the kill or packing meat, but what really makes the beer and cocktail supplies dry up is how long your'e stuck being the camp bitch.

Opah

WKR
Ever notice that Beer (any beer) tastes so much better in the mountains ?
I thing it has something to do with the thinner atmosphere and the carbonation
Its like catching flies at sea level and then taking them up into the mountains, think
They would pressurize and POP ? A question for around the camp fire after a couple