Alec Baldwin shooting

Beendare

WKR
Terrible deal….that every single one of us knows is simple gun safety Taught in every hunter safety class And could have been avoided.

Of course its a liberal celebrity that has made it known he hates guns and no doubt thinks of hunters as redneck idiots. Well who is the idiot now? I wonder if his, “someone elses problem” defense will hold up?

Stories of cast shooting off set, ammo laying around, etc. Any hunter in Baldwins place is going to check that weapon himself before pointing it at anything…..…

AKDoc

WKR
I agree with your comments 100%.

Additionally, it always irks me when I see vocal anti-gun actors making a bazillion bucks playing a variety of roles with guns in their hands, blasting people away as part of their money making character...and now we know at least one who apparently didn't know much if anything about firearm safety, and apparently relied on the "expertise" of others...so he now may be portrayed as also a victim of evil guns.

sndmn11

WKR
I hope he is charged. In Colorado we have Criminally Negligent Homicide and I think that would be a slam dunk, and manslaughter could be easily argued.

New Mexico seems a little light on options, but Involuntary Manslaughter might be a good fit with Second Degree Murder being possible depending on the circumstances.

I sure hope this doesn't turn into a pass the buck blame game where he skirts responsibility because I think that would open the door to ANYONE shooting another person and claiming they thought or were told the firearm was unloaded.

Ocbuckeye

FNG
• Why was the gun not checked for any rounds by all who touched it. That is the rule that must be followed ?
• Why was he practicing with a loaded gun. It must of been checked by all parties involved as it’s the rules?
- If it was loaded with blanks, (anyone inspection/looking at a revolver could see a revolver is loaded with something) why would it ever be pointed at a direction of a person?
Baldwin stated he was practicing
• Why was the hammer cocked on the single action Pietta Long Colt Revolver?
• Why was the trigger pulled if he was practicing drawing the gun?

Lots of questions beyond who handed him the gun and said what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
My first reaction was more so about why were functioning firearms being used for scenes, let alone the ammunition or strong "blank" cartridges.

That was my thought, too. I know a guy who supplies prop guns to film productions and I always understood they were just that: props.

Grumman

WKR
I read one article that claimed there had been two prior accidental discharges.

A second article claimed some of them were plinking during breaks.

Will be interesting to see the truth if it ever comes out. There are some good Alec Baldwin memes out there now in regards to gun control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
That was my thought, too. I know a guy who supplies prop guns to film productions and I always understood they were just that: props.
I could see some being chambered for a bullet-less case for the bangflash effect. It wouldn't surprise me to hear blades on "prop" knives are real steel and sharp, just not razor sharp.

MattB

WKR
Such a weird situtation. While I understand that in making movies guns are pointed and fired at people, I can’t conceive of blindly trusting someone who tells me a gun is “cold” (unloaded or loaded with blanks). Or understand why there were live rounds on set. Or why Baldwin felt the need to “practice” while pointing in the direction of people.

The irony here is that this will be spun against the NRA, while anyone who is an NRA member will have seen the basic rules of gun safety which could have potentially prevented this tragedy if they were followed.

ODB

WKR
Such a weird situtation. While I understand that in making movies guns are pointed and fired at people, I can’t conceive of blindly trusting someone who tells me a gun is “cold” (unloaded or loaded with blanks). Or understand why there were live rounds on set. Or why Baldwin felt the need to “practice” while pointing in the direction of people.

The irony here is that this will be spun against the NRA, while anyone who is an NRA member will have seen the basic rules of gun safety which could have potentially prevented this tragedy if they were followed.

We had a shooting in Boise the other day. An idiot took his gun into the mall and killed some folks. Very very rare event for Idaho.

the mall is a gun free zone. When the shooting started reports are that many people who would normally carry guns ran to their cars to get their guns and returned to the scene.

the lesson: law abiding gun owners largely obey laws, even in places like the mall.

And…those same laws do not prevent criminals from killing people.

We had a shooting in Boise the other day. An idiot took his gun into the mall and killed some folks. Very very rare event for Idaho.

the mall is a gun free zone. When the shooting started reports are that many people who would normally carry guns ran to their cars to get their guns and returned to the scene.

the lesson: law abiding gun owners largely obey laws, even in places like the mall.

And…those same laws do not prevent criminals from killing people.
I would bet that anyone involved was not born in Idaho.

Alec Baldwin fan here. I don’t agree with all his politics but like his fIlms.

have been in LA around some “entertainment“ people the last few days that I have known for years back to when I played a little bit in proximity to the movie industry. Most very left leaning anti gun. Lots of spirited discussion about this.

I asked one lady that thought Baldwin should be charged if she would feel the same if he was driving a car on set and the brakes failed, would she charge him? it would be a hard ask to expect an actor to inspect the car Brakes, right? Film sets are complex. Lots of moving parts for even small films. Through in guns, pyrotechnics, moving vehiles, mechanical set pieces and there are a lot of things that could hurt or kill you on a movie set. No way the guy in front of the camera is responsible for all that. The responsibility was primarily the armorer and it sounds like she was a dumpster fire. Maybe the Assitant director or some others could be blamed. You might be able to run that all the way up the flag pole to the producers since theRE seems to have been some signs that the armorer was incompetent that were ignored. IMO there is no way an actor can be held responsible for for the final check on a firearm. I would go so far as to say that idea is flawed because most of them aren’t expert enough to perform the checks. Maybe for a cowboy revolver but imagine if they hand Keanu reeves all the 6 guns he’s going to shoot in a John wick scene and say “it’s your job” or if they ask Arnold to clear and check that minigun he uses In the terminator. NO way that is on the actor. There are people on the set whose only job is handling the weapons and there are other people to oversee those people.