Alec Baldwin shooting

Fatcamp

WKR
Once again, he was not *the* producer. He is a credited producer. There are 6 credited producers, one co-producer, six EPs, and one line producer. Alec Baldwin is the name you know because he's an actor, and I would bet my next paycheck his producer credit is for reducing his fee to work on the film.

What are you proposing that Alec Baldwin did that makes him culpable? Are you claiming that he told the armorer to bring ammo on the set? Did he tell the AD to skip the second check on props? I'm all ears, spill and show me some evidence.

LOL.

At this point I'm pretty sure you are Alec Baldwin.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I might have missed it, but was this an actual scene being filmed in the movie?

Did the two people get hit with the same round or were there multiple rounds fired?

If it was an actual film scene (and the two people were supposed to be "shot"), I'd have to agree that charging AB would be a waste of time, BUT if this was not an actual film scene and he was horsing around, then by all means bring on the negligent homicide charges.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I do know they would already have me in jail for doing the same thing.
And I would deserve to be there.

Rob5589

WKR
I might have missed it, but was this an actual scene being filmed in the movie?

Did the two people get hit with the same round or were there multiple rounds fired?

If it was an actual film scene (and the two people were supposed to be "shot"), I'd have to agree that charging AB would be a waste of time, BUT if this was not an actual film scene and he was horsing around, then by all means bring on the negligent homicide charges.
A cinematographer (deceased) and director were shot. It would be hard to imagine that they were the ones being shot at.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ well that pretty much rules out that it was "official" filming, unless he's a really bad shot and if so what a lucky SOB that he was aiming at

my $ is on horseplay, if it's horseplay- charge him

GSPHUNTER

WKR
One round, hit and passed through her and hit him in shoulder. Somewhere I heard he was pointing in the direction of camera for scene effect. Not sure if that's the case but it's something I can see might happen. Give viewer the effect of looking down the barrel.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
One round, hit and passed through her and hit him in shoulder. Somewhere I heard he was pointing in the direction of camera for scene effect. Not sure if that's the case but it's something I can see might happen. Give viewer the effect of looking down the barrel.

well if that is indeed the case, maybe not horseplay then; if he was directed to point the firearm at the camera and pull the trigger- I don't see charges sticking

he's still a dumbass for not checking the firearm himself, but I'm guessing most actors don't????

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
he's still a dumbass for not checking the firearm himself, but I'm guessing most actors don't????
If you were the person that he was supposed to be shooting at for the scene, would you trust an actor to check the gun, or would you insist on the hired expert to check everything out?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't trust just the actor, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings have said actor- double (or triple) check

if I was the one getting the weapon pointed at, I'd be the final check :)

As Baldwin prepared for a shootout scene, the actor reportedly said, “So, I guess I’m gonna take this out, pull it and go, ‘Bang!’” according to an LA Times report.

But a live bullet flew out of the weapon that Baldwin was holding, hitting Hutchins, and causing her to stumble backwards into the arms of an electrician.

As she laid on the ground, a boom operator said, “Oh that was no good,” to which Hutchins replied, “No that was no good. That was no good at all,” according to the report, which involved interviews and correspondence with 14 crew members, as well as county records and permits.

Director Joel Souza, who was injured by the same round, reportedly yelled out “What the f— was that? That burns!” after being hit. Baldwin then repeatedly said, “What the f— just happened?”

Maybe Desk Jockey can answer this one...

What I want to know is what possible reason could they have for a live gun, capable of firing real ammo, on a movie set? I honestly don't know.

I trained for 16 years under both live fire and safe gun shooting scenarios. We never mixed guns. The "real" guns stayed at the live fire ranges, and the other guns were used for shoot/no-shoot scenarios. Last year I trained we had paintball cartridges and we all wore helmets and paintball armor.

But never, EVER did we have our real firearms in ANY KIND of scenario.

Those people are complete effing idiots. If that young lady was my daughter, I would want some heads to roll and people in jail for a long, long time.

They weren’t filming. He was supposedly practicing.

If you were the person that he was supposed to be shooting at for the scene, would you trust an actor to check the gun, or would you insist on the hired expert to check everything out?
Could request that the armorer verify it with you present.

Folks on set had to be idiots with three other unintended discharges including one person literally shooting themself in the foot.

In other industries safety is everyone’s job. Sad that the folks in Hollywood believe that it is always someone else’s job.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe Desk Jockey can answer this one...

What I want to know is what possible reason could they have for a live gun, capable of firing real ammo, on a movie set? I honestly don't know.

I trained for 16 years under both live fire and safe gun shooting scenarios. We never mixed guns. The "real" guns stayed at the live fire ranges, and the other guns were used for shoot/no-shoot scenarios. Last year I trained we had paintball cartridges and we all wore helmets and paintball armor.

But never, EVER did we have our real firearms in ANY KIND of scenario.

Those people are complete effing idiots. If that young lady was my daughter, I would want some heads to roll and people in jail for a long, long time.

we used Simmunition for years; as a firearms instructor it always made me a bit uneasy; obviously good training using your duty weapon in scenarios, but still made me uneasy

Bazer3

FNG
Basic gun etiquette 101, nobody's asking Baldwin to be a marksman, but if your going to handle a gun the very least you should know is how to check it clear/safe. The folks like him that are against guns would sit here and tell you what you did wrong all day and its your responsibility to know if it's loaded or not, but because he's an actor it's not the same for them.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
the ones we used were a conversion kit, pull the barrel assembly out of the duty weapon, drop theirs in

all kinds of safety protocols as far as having live ammo anywhere near, etc

yeah they jammed pretty good AND they stung like a SOB when you got hit with one- always getting hit in the hands as the eye often goes to the weapon- shortly followed by the round :)

WKR
I thought that's what we were using - Simunition - but we weren't using our duty weapons. Still, like you, it always made me uneasy.
I dont think anybody would want to spend 10's of millions or more to produce a movie and then use a bunch of fake looking rubber guns.

The live ammo is the problem. I can't think of a scenario where live ammo should ever be on a set.