Alec Baldwin shooting

Sky

FNG
That gun must be so cruel...killing that poor lady all by itself.

ferch

FNG
I totally believe the gun went off without the trigger getting pulled. I also doubt he even pointed the gun at someone, it likely pointed itself. Happens all the time. Some guns just go rogue and have a mind of their own, can't fault the person #itsthegunsfault
I realize you're being facetious or absurd, but it's funny how the Hollywood folks would think you are defending them...

ferch

FNG
Does anyone know that exact replica revolver?

Does it have a half cock or hammer block?
I was wondering about this as well. I had heard a rumor it may have been modified for "fanning" - so the hammer wouldn't actually lock back after being cocked, so they can look faster on screen in classic hollywood style where they cock it with the palm of the left hand... Still violated the other 3 rules of gun safety so it doesn't eliminate blame in my book.

Flyjunky

WKR
Pass the buck, pass the buck, pass the buck. AB is a douche and it’s unlikely any charges get filed. Hollywood elite and all that…
And how much outcry will there be from the BLM and media about white privilege? Will there be protests and endless media buzz about how another white person subverted justice because of his skin color? I doubt it, that's only the case if your not a liberal.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
So. Pe he didn’t pull the trigger, the gun just magically went off. Also, he dosent feel guilty, he knows that somebody is responsible but not him.

This just keeps getting better.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
I’ll guarantee if he was rehearsing a scene involving suicide or Russian roulette, he would have checked the gun.
This is such an excellent point...or he would have hired his own personal checker because he apparently just wants to make money with guns, as opposed to taking the time to actually learn safety protocols that he can do in just a few seconds when the firearm is placed in his hands as a double-check to ensure no one is hurt.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
I've seen commentary by an LEO on a pistol site that owns this same cowboy gun replica and his has a Firing pin block and a half cock....so a person cannot fire the pistol by releasing the hammer as Baldwin claims.

It could be that Baldwins softball interview by his Hamptons friend and sidekick Stephanopolous might just horribly backfire on him.

>

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m assuming AB ha already been interviewed by detectives. Would be interesting to see if he told investigators the same thing- I didn’t pull the trigger? If so would be relatively easy to check any film that was rolling at the time and/or have a firearms person at their crime lab to see if the firearm in question could have been fired out without a trigger pull.

If he lied to investigators, at a minimum charge him with that.

Lots of people think Martha Stewart went to prison for insider trading, in fact she went for lying to investigators. I’d like to thank Martha Stewart as by using that example I was able to illicit numerous confessions from poachers over the years :D

Yarak

WKR
With a revolver if the hammer is only partially pulled back “Baldwin stated this” the cylinder doesn’t roll around to the next chamber and is in between chambers thus it cannot fire
Baldwin is lying
There’s no doubt he pulled the hammer all the way back

Broomd

WKR
I've seen commentary by an LEO on a pistol site that owns this same cowboy gun replica and his has a Firing pin block and a half cock....so a person cannot fire the pistol by releasing the hammer as Baldwin claims.

It could be that Baldwins softball interview by his Hamptons friend and sidekick Stephanopolous might just horribly backfire on him.

>
Ha! I see what you did there.....

sndmn11

WKR
I’m assuming AB ha already been interviewed by detectives. Would be interesting to see if he told investigators the same thing- I didn’t pull the trigger? If so would be relatively easy to check any film that was rolling at the time and/or have a firearms person at their crime lab to see if the firearm in question could have been fired out without a trigger pull.

If he lied to investigators, at a minimum charge him with that.

Lots of people think Martha Stewart went to prison for insider trading, in fact she went for lying to investigators. I’d like to thank Martha Stewart as by using that example I was able to illicit numerous confessions from poachers over the years :D
This was a mainstay in my investigations and affidavits. LOVED having the power of a signed statement to compare to video, audio, or other irrefutable evidence.

"
CO Rev Stat § 18-8-306 (2016)
Any person who attempts to influence any public servant by means of deceit or by threat of violence or economic reprisal against any person or property, with the intent thereby to alter or affect the public servant's decision, vote, opinion, or action concerning any matter which is to be considered or performed by him or the agency or body of which he is a member, commits a class 4 felony."

dtrkyman

WKR
I never understand people that are blamed for anything of any sort not keeping their mouth shut!

Baldwin is a tool so I am not defending him or any criminal in any way, but my EFF sake STFU!!!

MattB

WKR

>
I read elsewhere (and have unsuccessfully tried to verify on the Pietta website) that there are 2 versions of the revolver - one with a transfer bar safety and one without. IMO it would be possible for a gun to fire without pulling the trigger if it did not have a half cock and transfer bar safety. I have a Freedom Arms SA revolver without a TBS and the manual says not to carry it with a loaded chamber under the hammer as a hard impact on the hammer can cause the round to fire.

MattB

WKR
While not directly related, I find the difference in discipline around gun training between Keenu Reeves/Halle Berry and the likes of Alec Baldwin to be quite telling. Alec wants a police officer on every movie set to check weapons (as though they are actually trained for that) whereas Keenu/Halle are likely more highly trained in defensive firearm use than the majority who frequent this site.

Havent quite read all of this thread but came across this and thought id just place it here.. i ordered one lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-225427_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220120-225427_Samsung Internet.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 57

Scott1776

FNG
Pretty awful for the woman's family but I agree with many this will just perpetuate the grandstanding of anti 2A and the gun will of course be at fault, not the on scene armorer or actor.

Just ran into this preliminary result published April 20, 2022. Having done jury duty on a 10 year old case I am not surprised at how long the investigation is taking.
OSHA Press Release

Excerpts [stuff I added for clarity]:

"Rust Movie Productions, LLC was issued a Willful-Serious citation that includes a $136,793 civil penalty. This is the highest level of citation and maximum fine allowable by state [ed: OSHA] law in New Mexico. Rust Movie Productions, LLC was cited [50-9-17 NMSA Occupational Safety and Health Act rules] for the plain indifference to the recognized hazards associated with the use of firearms on set that resulted in a fatality, severe injury, and unsafe working conditions."

"Rust Movie Productions, LLC management knew that firearm safety procedures were not being followed on set and demonstrated plain indifference to employee safety by failing to review work practices and take corrective action."

"The investigation encompassed 1,560 hours of staff time, 14 interviews, and review of 566 documents."

"The criminal investigation is ongoing and unrelated to today’s [OSHA] citation."