WTB All around hunting knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for an all-around hunting knife between $100-200.

Are you wanting to buy a used knife? In that price range you can get some quality knives direct from manufacturers.

But I love my Kestrel knives, solid products and light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Elk830

Elk830

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you wanting to buy a used knife? In that price range you can get some quality knives direct from manufacturers.

But I love my Kestrel knives, solid products and light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no preference between new and used. Would you recommend buying new?

schwaf

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You will not have any issues with a used knife, especially if you choose one with a good warranty. Buy used and spend some money on a good sharpening system like a KME. I prefer Bark River knives. American made by hunters and outdoorsmen, hand finished, convex ground, unconditional unlimited lifetime warranty/repairs/sharpening/refinishing.

Mow1954

WKR
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I must have a jillion knives of varying quality and cost. For what it is worth, the ones that ends up on my belt most often are these two. Neither cost over $100, but they get the job done. Ive had this Buck 110 for over 40 years, and used it on everything from elk to rabbits. The Gerber Myth is relatively new, but Im really liking the size and feel of it. These, or something like them, will be all you will ever "need". However, "want" is totally different, and something I understand all too well....

Attachments

• knives.jpg
    knives.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 40

Honyock

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've heard that the sheath sucks. What do you think of the sheath?
It's not necessarily the sheath, it's where your belt goes through is too small unless you're doing a Jethro Bodine and using a paracord for a belt. I ended up getting a Armatus sheath for it.

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have multiple knives, but always end up using my Buck 110 for basically everything. It's impossible to beat for the price.

OP
Elk830

Elk830

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all so much for the advice! I ended up going with the benchmade steep country.

Status
Not open for further replies.