All around rifle for female hunter

WKR
I certainly understand what tempo is.

Women tend to have slower and visually smoother tempo throughout a golf swing because they're smaller and weaker...

...and they use very different equipment than men of equivalent skill level. It's much lighter, more flexible, and smaller in the grip...

...which is exactly the point of this thread.

When it comes to selecting equipment, sex does matter the vast majority of the time...

handwerk

WKR
I recently put together such a rifle for my daughter who is 24, 5'8" 120 lbs. I took a model 70 classic stainless action had pac-nor put a sporter weight 6.5CM barrel on it, I then bedded it in a MCM edge stock and topped it with a zeiss conqest 3-9x40.
It turned out great, right at 8lbs and it worked wonderful on her antelope a couple weeks ago. I figure she can take this rifle all over the west.

16Bore

WKR
I certainly understand what tempo is.

Women tend to have slower and visually smoother tempo throughout a golf swing because they're smaller and weaker...

...and they use very different equipment than men of equivalent skill level. It's much lighter, more flexible, and smaller in the grip...

...which is exactly the point of this thread.

When it comes to selecting equipment, sex does matter the vast majority of the time...

Par is par. Animals are animals. Point being that some fellas believe gals/kids need a 7-08, but they need a 300 WM.

Drive for show, put for dough. Or doe, as the case might me.

OP
Teaman1

Teaman1

WKR
I just want a rifle that she will like and won’t be a pain to carry. I prefer a magnum but I know that we certainly don’t need it.

OP
Teaman1

Teaman1

WKR
I’ve changed my mind a couple times, and I always come back to the 7mm-08. It’ll do just about anything we’d need done in the lower 48 (we don’t shoot passed 400 yards)

My wife uses a 243 like yours so she's no help so I asked my older sister and she uses a Browning abolt in 300wm says it fits her just right. I asked her husband on the specifics on the rifle he told me that it was built for him ,blued , synthetic stock with a timmney trigger ,boss system and limbsaver recoil pad, they are both about the same height so the lop worked well for her and now he just uses his old rifle since she took it over....so from the sounds of things fit fit fit is key.

16Bore

WKR
Analysis Paralasis.

Think back to when you were a kid. Cool boxes sold ammo....ballistics didn’t mean shit. Deer still died.

OP
Teaman1

Teaman1

WKR
Because not all shots are perfect. She wants do do a moose hunt in Canada someday as well. She might as well get an all around rifle and get used to shooting it now

OP
Teaman1

Teaman1

WKR
I also understand that elk are not really impressed by energy numbers, but I do think bigger is better if the shooter is still accurate

I'm with teaman on this and the fact that there are larger caliber rifles that don't recoil much more if set up and fit properly. So why not, sometimes I think people pick small caliber weapons to take large animals with not out of tolarance of recoil or lacking of funds but because they just want to prove that they can.

As a female shooter, i know I’m a big fan of the bigger calibers. And i really like my 338 win mag and don’t think the recoil is unmanageable. If she finds a gun she likes just pick a caliber and run with it. I’ve always wanted a 7mm caliber the 7mm-08 your looking at is probably a wise choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk