All New 2022 Tundra Leaked.....

No one buys a half ton to tow or haul real loads with the 3/4 ton options it wouldn’t make sense.

I haul 10-12k pounds a few times a week and bought a half ton after having 5 3/4 tons. I couldn’t be happier!

Better ride, better fuel economy, cheaper to own and zero issues towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

everyone forgets about the stopping part also. What your pulling also makes a difference.

Brakes and breaking technology of today both on the tow vehicle and trailers are so much better now it’s no longer an issue.

I tow a gooseneck dump trailer with a mini hoe, skid steer or materials in it.

KurtR

WKR
Brakes and breaking technology of today both on the tow vehicle and trailers are so much better now it’s no longer an issue.

I tow a gooseneck dump trailer with a mini hoe, skid steer or materials in it.

Maybe if your only pulling a couple times a week but daily and 100 plus mile hauls like out here you’d be smoking brakes pretty quick. That’s why we got rid of all our half tons at work. We had Ford, Chevy and dodges .They did the job ok the bigger trucks just do it a lot better .

Maybe if your only pulling a couple times a week but daily and 100 plus mile hauls like out here you’d be smoking brakes pretty quick. That’s why we got rid of all our half tons at work. We had Ford, Chevy and dodges .They did the job ok the bigger trucks just do it a lot better .

Had the F150 a year yesterday it’s got 15,000 miles on it. If it’s not hooked to the dump trailer it’s hooked to a 8,500lb boat. Haven’t had any brake issues. Unless something crazy happens or I get back into plowing snow I don’t see myself owning another 3/4 ton.

KurtR

WKR
Had the F150 a year yesterday it’s got 15,000 miles on it. If it’s not hooked to the dump trailer it’s hooked to a 8,500lb boat. Haven’t had any brake issues. Unless something crazy happens or I get back into plowing snow I don’t see myself owning another 3/4 ton.

We are averaging about 30,000 to 35,000 a year. Also having some one who doesnt actually own it makes a difference they drive alot different if they had to pay to fix shit

We are averaging about 30,000 to 35,000 a year. Also having some one who doesnt actually own it makes a difference they drive alot different if they had to pay to fix shit

I don’t disagree but back to your original point myself and many others are realizing that you don’t need a 3/4 ton pickup, especially now that they’ve ruined diesels. New 1/2 ton pickups are more capable than the 3/4 tons were 20yrs ago.

jlh42581

WKR
I towed a 19' skeeter all over the north east, living on top of a mountain ... 100k miles on factory tundra brakes

ZDR

WKR
The 2022 Tundra hybrid version has the battery located under the rear passenger seat on the driver side. It does take up the under seat storage. Its also a Nickel Hydride battery which is kinda puzzling to me...Lithium batteries are so much better.

hodgeman

WKR
Ford Ranger Has More Payload

:ROFLMAO:

Toyota had a chance to fix one of their biggest flaws - lack of payload and towing capability. They made a deliberate choice not to, which is interesting to me.
As a guy who drives one everyday and sees a pile of pickups in actual use...

They typical truck buyer isn't coming anywhere close to maxing out the payload...no need to fix what isn't even being used. Most of the truck payload specs are only useful for advertising to the 1%ers.

My buddy has a F350 crew cab, long bed. Great for hauling a lot of weight but it's a miserable rig in daily service. He spends a lot of time behind the wheel of his beater Taco just because it rides a lot better.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Watched the video and I’d be interested to hear first hand experience of fleet owners/users on how the recent Tundras have held up.

My first gen has 311k+ and I wouldn’t trade it for anything out there and I’m prepping for 1M out of my rig. That said, it’s not a newer model. It gets used and not abused and it’s well maintained.