All New 2022 Tundra Leaked.....

I appreciate the rock solid reliability of the platform (other than the frame rust issues) but that mileage is pretty bad in this day and age for the power you get.

I'd almost be tempted to trade mine in for a Tundra for the extra room/bed size, but then after hunting this weekend I'm reminded of how nice the Tacoma size is for driving overgrown FS roads.
The size only matters if you care about the paint.
I take my tundra down stuff people won't take side by sides down.

Okhotnik

WKR
When/if I trade my '17 Tundra I think I'll stick with a 2021 model and wait for the bugs to get worked out of the 2022+ models. Seems wrong to put a V6 (boosted or not) in the Tundra. The 5.7 "ain't broke" why fix it? Yeah yeah, I know the 2022 specs out with more juice. Just my 2 cents worth but my 5.7 has nearly 100k on it and never had a single issue.
The 5.7 has been a very reliable and proven engine. Ill take less gas mileage vs mechanical issues and reliability. Wish it came with 6.5 bed with crew cab

h2so4

WKR
The 5.7 has been a very reliable and proven engine. Ill take less gas mileage vs mechanical issues and reliability. Wish it came with 6.5 bed with crew cab
Man- I can't escape the 6.5 craze even in the truck threads.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Some pricing info out today.

Pretty disappointed with the price increases, but not completely surprised.
It's looking like a SR5 crew in 4wd with the TRD off road package will be around 60K and that's before taxes. I don't think I want to pay that.

Thinking very seriously about buying a '21 SR5 Off road without the SR5 'upgrade' package.. (console shift) that will get me the bench seat. I'd add the 38 gallon fuel tank myself. I don't like the present V8 truck's fuel economy, but I'm feeling underwhelmed by Toyota's '22 effort right now.

Maybe my thoughts will change, I dunno.

Some pricing info out today.

Pretty disappointed with the price increases, but not completely surprised.
It's looking like a SR5 crew in 4wd with the TRD off road package will be around 60K and that's before taxes. I don't think I want to pay that.

Thinking very seriously about buying a '21 SR5 Off road without the SR5 'upgrade' package.. (console shift) that will get me the bench seat. I'd add the 38 gallon fuel tank myself. I don't like the present V8 truck's fuel economy, but I'm feeling underwhelmed by Toyota's '22 effort right now.

Maybe my thoughts will change, I dunno.
Take about deflating... Was super excited with the new Tundra, been waiting for a more fuel efficient version for years to only have crazy pricing. What a bummer! Not in a position to get one right now anyways, but curious to see how the pricing is going to affect their sales. No way the Tundra will be as mainstream competitive as they should be. Think people who aren't diehard Toyota fans will go with other options.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Take about deflating... Was super excited with the new Tundra, been waiting for a more fuel efficient version for years to only have crazy pricing. What a bummer! Not in a position to get one right now anyways, but curious to see how the pricing is going to affect their sales. No way the Tundra will be as mainstream competitive as they should be. Think people who aren't diehard Toyota fans will go with other options.
Yep, agreed, pretty well stated.

Trial153

WKR
That reads as way light for a '22 based on that video. My guess is that the TRD Pro will be north of $67 out the door, probably a few g's more..

I'm not interested at that price point.

The link didn’t work

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
That reads as way light for a '22 based on that video. My guess is that the TRD Pro will be north of $67 out the door, probably a few g's more..

I'm not interested at that price point.

Reality bites...

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We get 18-19 pretty consistently on the 5.7 .. so 22 doesn’t really do it for me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
We get 18-19 pretty consistently on the 5.7 .. so 22 doesn’t really do it for me .

I got 17 from Boise to Ketchum (165 miles) last week and then 20.6 from Ketchum back to Boise in mine.

i don’t do anything fast, including drive. Seems to help.

Dead eye BT

Lil-Rokslider
Kevin T is getting 18-19 MPG regularly with a 5.7 in a Tundra? Man, I drove 6,800 miles with mine from 10/13-11/22 and averaged 13.7 MPG. There were no trailers involved, either.

Regardless, I still love my 2014 Tundra.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Kevin T is getting 18-19 MPG regularly with a 5.7 in a Tundra? Man, I drove 6,800 miles with mine from 10/13-11/22 and averaged 13.7 MPG. There were no trailers involved, either.

Yep, on my very best day with the 4.6 gen II I got 18 mpg.....largely downhill most of the way to Tri-Cities WA--with a stout tailwind--doing 55 mph religiously. I worked at it! I wanted to coax 20 mpg. Dreaming. Loved the truck, hated the economy.

Average daily mpg was about 15.0. Sad for a stock 2010-era truck.

Dead eye BT

Lil-Rokslider
I see a local Toyota dealership’s website is showing a 2022 Tundra in their new inventory. It must be “in transit”, but they do have a link to a 2022 Tundra window sticker, which is encouraging. These trucks might actually be hitting dealerships soon.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
I see a local Toyota dealership’s website is showing a 2022 Tundra in their new inventory. It must be “in transit”, but they do have a link to a 2022 Tundra window sticker, which is encouraging. These trucks might actually be hitting dealerships soon.
Yep they are. Andre at TFL took delivery this weekend, reportedly the first in the country.

Actually saw a '22 Toyota Tundra commercial over the weekend. Called our local dealer, they have a few '22s on the way. He called back and offered me an SR model--4wd longbed in black.
Appreciated the call, (shocked actually) but not what I want.

Our dealer is an MSRP dealer too, but buyer has to be local.

RAPTOR

WKR

I think there's lots of variables. Terrain, wind direction, speed, type of fuel, etc. My driving style never got above 13 when I had one. Also, I'd like to see if guys are using the actual numbers and hand calculating