All New 2022 Tundra Leaked.....

Finch

WKR
Just playing around on Carmax yesterday, I put in my VIN for my 2016 Tundra. Offer came back $30,400. I bought it used a few years ago. I could make a profit right now but I'd have to buy something else.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep, on my very best day with the 4.6 gen II I got 18 mpg.....largely downhill most of the way to Tri-Cities WA--with a stout tailwind--doing 55 mph religiously. I worked at it! I wanted to coax 20 mpg. Dreaming. Loved the truck, hated the economy.

Average daily mpg was about 15.0. Sad for a stock 2010-era truck.
I had a 4.7 Tundra ... never could get above 18 MPG. My wife does well with her 5.7 one , and I recently did about 1500 miles towing a 4000 lb trailer with a 5.7 and got about 11 .. Towing.

Of course, I do an incredibly small amount of city style driving. Most of my driving is secondary highways at about 65 - 75

ODB

WKR
A dealer in Idaho has some coming in at about it 54-56k. Im interested to see what people think of the TTV6

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
I got quoted 54k for a TRD pro, seems about right
I hope I'm wrong but everything I'm seeing points to $70 (SEVENTY) f****n' large for a TRD Pro.....
In California that truck will go out the door for $100 large. Mark this post, we'll see markups + stickers that get over 100 grand.
Local dealer is charging MSRP, and they are getting a few '22s here and there. I'm hoping to wait until March.
Here's the configurator...

Seems to me that the SR5 is gonna need at least the SR5 Convenience package to get the 32 gal tank. The SR doesn't offer that and the factory 22 gal is puny on both of those models. Deal breaker? Meh, still deciding.
The SR5 Double cab 6.5' bed (for truck camper) Off Road package with that added 32 gallon tank option looks like the right stuff. White, silver, lunar rock.....

So there’s been writers that have driven the hybrid, but no one has posted the mileage they’ve gotten ??

Anyone been able to find any intel on the hybrid mpg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Did you put a deposit down? You’ll be able to immediately resell at a large profit if you can get a pro for 54k.

No I haven’t, when he told me he said that about what they expected. Seeing now that probably not the case as a lot has changed since then. As of now there is no time line for when they expect them. I told him get me a white one with with 5.5 bed and nicely equipped. Haven’t heard anything yet. We were supposed to see him at holiday party week after Christmas but Covid put the squash on that

Jon C

FNG
How do other mfgs have 1/2 ton diesels?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
They engineered the engine for the US. Guessing they don’t think it’s worth it to go through the hassle just to sell a few trucks. Jeep had Mercedes diesels for a year or so before needing to build one to pass our emissions. They quit putting them in Jeep’s. Rumor was Toyota was gonna put the Cummins in like Nissan not sure what happened.

They engineered the engine for the US. Guessing they don’t think it’s worth it to go through the hassle just to sell a few trucks. Jeep had Mercedes diesels for a year or so before needing to build one to pass our emissions. They quit putting them in Jeep’s. Rumor was Toyota was gonna put the Cummins in like Nissan not sure what happened.

When I bought my Tacoma almost 2 years ago I asked this same question. The salesman told me Toyota wasn’t able to build an engine that would conform to the US emissions standards, AND meet Toyotas standards for reliability.

I read an article in an Auto magazine that stated the same thing.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
I hope I'm wrong but everything I'm seeing points to $70 (SEVENTY) f****n' large for a TRD Pro.....
In California that truck will go out the door for $100 large. Mark this post, we'll see markups + stickers that get over 100 grand.
Local dealer is charging MSRP, and they are getting a few '22s here and there. I'm hoping to wait until March.
Here's the configurator...

the factory 22 gal is puny on both of those models. Deal breaker? Meh, still deciding.
My current Tundra has the 22 gallon tank and while I'm not sure if it's deal breaker on a new one, it sure is a giant pain in the *ss any time you're trying to really travel anywhere. The bigger tank would mean likely jumping from stopping every 4.5 hours to fill up to 6.5 hours.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
My current Tundra has the 22 gallon tank and while I'm not sure if it's deal breaker on a new one, it sure is a giant pain in the *ss any time you're trying to really travel anywhere. The bigger tank would mean likely jumping from stopping every 4.5 hours to fill up to 6.5 hours.
Yep, agreed. But I think the smaller tank in your series might be 26 gallon....take a peak at your manual.

My last Gen II had the 4.6 and 26 gallon, what a pita.

I priced out an sr5 with the trd package 2nd from the top and it came out around $53k in crew with 6.5 bed. Didn’t see a trd package with the larger gas tank.

I actually like the body color grill of the sr5 without trd package. When you add the trd the grill trim color gets changed to grey.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, agreed. But I think the smaller tank in your series might be 26 gallon....take a peak at your manual.

My last Gen II had the 4.6 and 26 gallon, what a pita.
This is interesting. I've ran it until the readout says I was down to 1 or 2 miles before and I've never in 14 years even came close to getting 26 miles in a fill up. Perhaps I haven't been getting anywhere near as empty as everything would indicate. Might need to just go run her bone dry this weekend! ;-)

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
This is interesting. I've ran it until the readout says I was down to 1 or 2 miles before and I've never in 14 years even came close to getting 26 miles in a fill up. Perhaps I haven't been getting anywhere near as empty as everything would indicate. Might need to just go run her bone dry this weekend! ;-)
I'm thinking you meant 26 'gallons' there...

Yep, think you'll see that you have a 26.4 gallon tank. Toyota has them programmed to throw a 'low fuel' light well before actual defcon 5...

My 2010 gets about 15 mpg on the highway, so I get about 300 miles between fill ups, which is a mild pain in the ass but also just about as long as my bladder will last theses days so there is that. 😃

I almost swapped mine for a new one in 2019 but they were rumbling about the new style and the 2019 just wasn’t all that different from my 10-year old truck. It sucks the mpg and gas tank size are still annoying in the new model. I like the body of the 2022 tundras but still think the interior is a step behind Ford and a few steps behind ram. You get that Toyota reliability and resale value but if I upgrade, I am not sure it will be another Toyota.

Billinsd

WKR
I can drive about 250 miles on an 18 gallon tank of gas on my 2002 Tacoma, 300 going downhill with a tailwind. It's the biggest and really only pain about the truck. I'm not ready for a new truck, but I could be in a few years. It would be fantastic to buy a Tundra, but I'm not brand loyal, I'll buy what suits my needs, price, reliability, etc. Cheers Bill

Rbohno

FNG
I have a 2020 Tundra Limited setup with Icon Suspension, Metheod beadlock racing wheels, 35/12.50 tires, front and read winch bumpers. I built it for Overland project and my health issues put a damper on that. Just fyi I have the 34 gallon tank but from what I understand it has a sump that the fuel pump sits in so it can never get below 29 gallons. This allows ~ 5 gallons to keep the fuel pump to stay submerged.

Here is a link to the build if anyone needs a bada_ _ truck.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Anybody purchase or drive a new '22 yet? Anyone thinking about taking the plunge?

I may head to CDA or Lewiston tomorrow to look one over and drive if in stock.
Think I've settled on the SR5 with the Convenience package (for the 32 gallon tank) and the Off road package for the Bilsteins and skidplates.
That combo will come in around $49000 +/- msrp.
Or...The Limited is about $53000, but much nicer 14" screen audio, power/heated seats. Quite a bit more other stuff too.
I drove my wife's Lexus SUV on New Years Eve for a party in Spokane, didn't realize just how excellent those heated seats are, really nice with 0* temps.

All of these prices are in the stratosphere for my cheap ass, but given I'll be spending house money (See Stock Traders thread :) ) I'm going to cut lose a bit with this '22 purchase.