All New 2022 Tundra Leaked.....

I like it and the specs but why do they put 20”s on the Limited TRD? I priced one up and can go SR5, TRD, almost all the same options as a limited but end up with 18”s. So that is the route I would go vs getting a limited.

Only other thing I don’t like is if you get SR5 it has painted grill trim ring but when you add TRD trim goes to grey regardless of truck color. On the PRO it is the body color.

None of my dealers have them yet so haven’t taken one for a spin. As much as I want the crew and 6.5 bed I am fearful it may be too long for an every day driver.

I’ll consider a tundra in the fall when I’m ready to trade. I’ve never been able to because I need 4 full doors and a 6.5 box.

If you don’t need the extra foot of box it’s not worth it. It makes the truck pretty long. My brother has an identical F150 as me with with the 5’ box and it’s a much better daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODB

Quite a few TRD packages you can add so price can change but it was $53k to $55k. You can add enough to make it more than a Limited though.

For what’s it’s worth…….

I bought my first Tundra in 07 and then a 13 which I have now. Both were solid trucks with zero problems. I wanted to like the new Tundra but just can’t. Mileage isn’t great, ZERO mpg estimates on the hybrid and lackuster reviews from folks on YouTube that have bought them.

Drove a Ford Powerboost last week at an out of town dealer. Loved it. 20 mpg on my test drive and more power than I’ll need. Went to my local dealer and he matched the price on the same truck in a 22 model as I was quoted for a 21.

Crew cab, 6.5’ box, nicely equipped for 55,100. I’m really happy with that price and I hope I don’t regret switching from the Toyota

lak2004

WKR
For what’s it’s worth…….

I bought my first Tundra in 07 and then a 13 which I have now. Both were solid trucks with zero problems. I wanted to like the new Tundra but just can’t. Mileage isn’t great, ZERO mpg estimates on the hybrid and lackuster reviews from folks on YouTube that have bought them.

Drove a Ford Powerboost last week at an out of town dealer. Loved it. 20 mpg on my test drive and more power than I’ll need. Went to my local dealer and he matched the price on the same truck in a 22 model as I was quoted for a 21.

Crew cab, 6.5’ box, nicely equipped for 55,100. I’m really happy with that price and I hope I don’t regret switching from the Toyota

Pay for the extended warranty, not saying a Ford is any worse, but they have well known problems on all generations that are costly fixes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
For what’s it’s worth…….

C173, could you post a pic of that new beast? Love to lay eyes on it...I like the looks of the Ford--and the gas mileage, but like you, hate to not have that Toyota reliability going for me.

Aren’t the tundra and f150 rated same mpg? Would think the power is the same too since similar engines and hp

I am biased since I have been in 2 Tundras starting in 2009.

C173, could you post a pic of that new beast? Love to lay eyes on it...I like the looks of the Ford--and the gas mileage, but like you, hate to not have that Toyota reliability going for me.

So here’s a pic of the 21 that I test drove. My 22 will be here …. well sometime I guess .

As for the mileage I haven’t seen “official “ numbers on the hybrid from Toyota. The ford is 24/24.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
d9cbbe869786b9a4810298cf0876587f.jpg

24/24 is great but I guess that is the smaller 2.7 Ecoboost and not the V6. Probably enough engine for me too.

I have a buddy that has the F150 V6 turbo and le loves that thing. He was getting 19/20 mpg with stock tires but now running LT 34s and getting 14 mpg so probably same as most V8 trucks.

24/24 is great but I guess that is the smaller 2.7 Ecoboost and not the V6. Probably enough engine for me too.

I have a buddy that has the F150 V6 turbo and le loves that thing. He was getting 19/20 mpg with stock tires but now running LT 34s and getting 14 mpg so probably same as most V8 trucks.

Nope, that’s the 3.5 eco boost paired with the hybrid electric motor.

Like 430 hp and 570 lb ft of torque. Those numbers may be off a little, just going off memory. More than enough motor!

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
So here’s a pic of the 21 that I test drove. My 22 will be here …. well sometime I guess
emoji16.png

As for the mileage I haven’t seen “official “ numbers on the hybrid from Toyota. The ford is 24/24.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
d9cbbe869786b9a4810298cf0876587f.jpg

No hijack, I asked for the pic, and I think this is my thread...grin.
Looks great, appears to be the STX pkg? Ford has that rig dialed. I personally like the clam door extra cab. Toyota gave up on that many years ago. Ford still offers it.

Still concerned how it stacks up against Toyota reliability.

No hijack, I asked for the pic, and I think this is my thread...grin.
Looks great, appears to be the STX pkg? Ford has that rig dialed. I personally like the clam door extra cab. Toyota gave up on that many years ago. Ford still offers it.

Still concerned how it stacks up against Toyota reliability.

So this one has the “sport” package which gets the nice rims (18”). The one in the pic has the tow pack which from what I saw didn’t get much other than trailer back assist. So I eliminated that from my order and replaced with the off road package which I think will be more useful for me.

I too am a little concerned about reliability, but we’ve had them for awhile at work and no major issues.

If they didn’t have the aluminum body I wouldn’t consider it. My 2013 Tundra has zero rust. I don’t think I can find a 2013 GM or Dodge without rust.

peaceman

Lil-Rokslider
My 2008 crew max and my 2012 double cab have a noticeable “jiggle” when going down the road. I hope the new coil suspension, frame and the crew max with 6.5 bed will remedy this. I also could find the larger gas tank in the options when building it online. I get 17 in my 5.7 f I keep it under 70. 20mpg if drafting my motor home. I doubt I’ll get mush better with the 3.5 turbo.

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
I am a current F150 owner and more than likely I will buy the 2022 tundra for a jump in quality over any other reason. I am just so tired of the constant small things with my ford, past chevy, etc that are just not built to last. Toyota may not be the leader in ground-breaking innovation but my wife's current and past lexus and her past 4-runner were so much better vehicles than any of my trucks. Besides, Toyota is a much better company that cares about consumer satisfaction. You can't say that about ford, government motors or chyrstler.

2017 Tundra owner and short post. I agree with Broomd it's not an attractive truck. I plan on driving mine until it dies whenever that time is regardless of it's non-economy status.

golfbum

WKR
Question for anyone that had an older (previous Gen) tundra. Looking at a 2021 double cab sr5 with 4WD and sr5 upgrade package includes big fuel tank, what’s your payload number on the door jam.

Sold a 2016 crew max when we bought our small toy hauler and went to 3/4 ton ram diesel. With current market prices I could get 6k more then I paid for it and get into a new 2021 tundra. I know I would be close to payload capacity however. Truck is in transit so don’t have a way to check actual #’s.

Trailer is a 8k fully loaded (5000 dry weight) and figure most times loaded it comes in around 7-7300lbs. Probably only tow it a few times a year so looking to move back to gas and a tundra is my #1 choice if I can make it work.

I miss my tundra!

CoStick

WKR
I get it, you want to renew you vows for Toyota, just drive another brand.