All New 2022 Tundra Leaked.....

Broomd

WKR
Welp, after a ridiculously long stint for the current gen Tundra (and what seems like eternity waiting for the newest incarnation) these authentic 2022 photos leaked today.
Toyota's all new pickup will very likely be powered by a twin turbo 3.5 V6, a workhorse in the Lexus lineup and an engine just revealed as the standard powerplant for the non-U.S. Landcruiser for 2022. The Landcruiser also gets a turbodiesel 3.5 option. Hey, we can dream.
A V8 option for the 2022 Tundra appears to be very unlikely.
A hybrid V6 will join the standard Tundra offering, there is a rumored full-electric derivation expected later on.

Hopeful that Toyota still offers a double cab version. At 6'6'' I've never been a fan of the crew max, but rather enjoy the 'front cab' priority of the double cab.
I've also always been more about the mileage than the grunt, but at 409 projected horsepower, the twin turbo V6 sounds stout. Hoping that 22-24 mpg is a reality in 2022, those numbers are way overdo for Toyota.
Looking forward to test driving and hopefully owning this truck.... Anyone else psyched?!

Last edited:
Top of my list and I've been "patiently" waiting to see what the next generation will be. Part of me wanted to pull the trigger on the current gen just based off reliability alone, but the fuel mileage was a deal breaker. Excited to see this new generation!

ODB

WKR
The local Toyota guy down here told me it would be the twin V6 as well - looks like that was solid news. HE also said 2022 would be the last year for the Landcruiser in the US, whereas after they will only bring in the Lexus version. Lord knows they ever bring the troopies here i'll be the first one in line

gearguywb

WKR
The local Toyota guy down here told me it would be the twin V6 as well - looks like that was solid news. HE also said 2022 would be the last year for the Landcruiser in the US, whereas after they will only bring in the Lexus version. Lord knows they ever bring the troopies here i'll be the first one in line
"21 is the last year for the LC in the US. '22 is the new model year not available here (300 series)

I have a 2011 Tundra with the 5.7L these things are bulletproof have 90k km. Knock on wood no issues, know others with 300k plus still going strong. Hopefully Toyota doesn’t drop the ball with a twin turbo version. We have quite a few ford trucks in our fleet with v-6 prime movers. Nothing but trouble.
Hopefully they get it right the first time. Time will tell.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The Landcruiser also gets a turbodiesel 3.5 option. Hey, we can dream.
We had a 2002 Landcruiser 100 overseas with a turbo diesel. Can't remember if it was a 3.5L but that sounds about right. It was full time AWD and mileage was right around 24mpg. It wasn't big on power, but it worked.

coldchow

FNG
Welp, after a ridiculously long stint for the current gen Tundra (and what seems like eternity waiting for the newest incarnation) these authentic 2022 photos leaked today.
Toyota's all new pickup will very likely be powered by a twin turbo 3.5 V6, a workhorse in the Lexus lineup and an engine just revealed as the standard powerplant for the non-U.S. Landcruiser for 2022. The Landcruiser also gets a turbodiesel 3.5 option. Hey, we can dream.
A V8 option for the 2022 Tundra appears to be very unlikely.
A hybrid V6 will join the standard Tundra offering, there is a rumored full-electric derivation expected later on.

Hopeful that Toyota still offers a double cab version. At 6'6'' I've never been a fan of the crew max, but rather enjoy the 'front cab' priority of the double cab.
I've also always been more about the mileage than the grunt, but at 409 projected horsepower, the twin turbo V6 sounds stout. Hoping that 22-24 mpg is a reality in 2022, those numbers are way overdo for Toyota.
Looking forward to test driving and hopefully owning this truck.... Anyone else psyched?!

I'm a retired farmer. Out on the farm we almost always use vehicles and tractors we can get serviced in town, close to home. No Toyota dealerships within 65 miles, but have a couple Ford, Chevy, dodge within 14 miles. I switch every few years from Ford to Chevy. I've owned several of the Tacoma trucks (as a second truck for running parts or checking things on the other end of the farms) over the years, just because of reliability and great mileage. I know a couple of older farmers whose sons own tundra trucks used on the farm. They work ok best i can tell.

I just traded in my 2013 Silverado for a Tacoma and went back and forth on waiting for the new Tundra. My kids are all grown and I rarely tow anymore so I decided I could get away with downsizing, but if the new Tundra posts up better gas mileage than the Tacoma, I'll be second guessing that decision. But the flip side of that is that I never like buying first year, or even second year, new models. I'd rather other owners work out the bugs.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
I just traded in my 2013 Silverado for a Tacoma and went back and forth on waiting for the new Tundra. My kids are all grown and I rarely tow anymore so I decided I could get away with downsizing, but if the new Tundra posts up better gas mileage than the Tacoma, I'll be second guessing that decision. But the flip side of that is that I never like buying first year, or even second year, new models. I'd rather other owners work out the bugs.
I like the Tacoma series even if it's ridiculously overpriced.
The dealbreaker is the 42" +/- bed width. Those of us with slide-in campers need to have a 4' wide bed.
And obviously the Tundras have always offered quite a bit more interior room.

Keep an eye on the all new 2022 compact Nissan pickup, I read a few reveiws and it's a steller small truck. Quite a few Taco guys I read from in the comments were all about trading into the Nissan, something that seemed really surprising..

Last edited:

22lr

WKR
Color me interested in this thing... but probably not til 24 or 25... I am always gun shy with new generations...

Top of my list and I've been "patiently" waiting to see what the next generation will be. Part of me wanted to pull the trigger on the current gen just based off reliability alone, but the fuel mileage was a deal breaker. Excited to see this new generation!
I'm in the same boat, Love the current gen Tundra's but gas mileage is horrible.

Antares

WKR
I have the Lexus 4.6L V8 in my 2011 Tundra. I love it. I'm curious what this V6 will be like. Mileage can't be worse...

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat, Love the current gen Tundra's but gas mileage is horrible.
Is 17mpg really that bad for a full size 400hp v8 truck? I just picked up a 2016 tundra and am stoked with the gas mileage compared to my 6.0 gas Sierra.

I know the trend in full size trucks is turbo v6 but man that adds a lot of complexity and shh to go wrong

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk