All New 2022 Tundra Leaked.....

I’ll be watching the new tundra closely too. I’ll need to replace my current one around 2025. Should have any issues sorted by then.

Im drooling. Thanks for sharing. I always wanted one to big a ridicolous dad who has a giant truck to transport my two kids and wife around town. I would never use the full HP lol. Just love the looks and the size of a big truck.

But man, cant help but imagine this will be a 50-60k truck once you get above ‘base’, the way prices are for trucks these days… i need a different paycheck for that dream…

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ll be interested to see how the V6 shakes out after 150k . Son in Law has a Ford and it hasn’t inspired confidence in the approach . That being said , I have a yard full of Toyota and Lexus V8s that have been solid and I plan to keep driving them until I see these V6s get high mileage . That being said , Toyota doesn’t do a lot of turds … they may not do cup holders or infotainment well … BUT they typically have been spot on on motors , trannies and suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
I have the Lexus 4.6L V8 in my 2011 Tundra. I love it. I'm curious what this V6 will be like. Mileage can't be worse...
Agreed, can't wait to see the real #'s..... I have the 4.6L in my '01.....that engine is smooth as silk at 162K. And that smaller truck will flat out get it.

gearguywb

WKR
Is 17mpg really that bad for a full size 400hp v8 truck? I just picked up a 2016 tundra and am stoked with the gas mileage compared to my 6.0 gas Sierra.

I know the trend in full size trucks is turbo v6 but man that adds a lot of complexity and shh to go wrong

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
If you are getting 17 on a regular basis you have a hidden gem. Most folks are in the 13-14 range.

Our LC is a 14.5-16 mpg

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
If you are getting 17 on a regular basis you have a hidden gem. Most folks are in the 13-14 range.

Our LC is a 14.5-16 mpg
I think it's my driving style more then anything. I consciously try to avoid stop and go by coasting to red lights rather then gassing it to them. And then when I do start from a stop I don't punch it off the line like most people do. I just don't see the point in racing between red lights. I also got 14mpg in my gm 6.0 which most people get 11-12.

I did notice a little bump in mileage running 87 octane (which is mid grade in Co) instead of 85.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
Am i the only one who thinks the front end looks yuck and the body style is very reminiscent of a ford 150?
I'm okay with the front end. That rear end though... WAY too much black plastic up top. Makes it look cheap. Could be the crappy pics though.

Jimbuck

FNG
Thanks for the post OP. My work has Tacoma's and Tundra's in the fleet with over 200k and we've had very few issues outside of routine maintenance. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for reviews on these when they release. Not a huge fan of the twin turbo V6 but current MPG on the Tundra's needs to catch up.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'll wait until everyone 2nd mortgages their homes to buy some of these new trucks and after the economy comes crashing down and inflation takes off. Then I'll swoop in and find a deal. That's the only way I'm buying one of these newer trucks. That's the only way I operate,

PNWGATOR

WKR
Hope they considered true “off road” performance, including the ability to run v-bar cam lock chains on all four, in their new offering.

Agreed, can't wait to see the real #'s..... I have the 4.6L in my '01.....that engine is smooth as silk at 162K. And that smaller truck will flat out get it.
I believe the 01 tundra had a 4.7 v8.
My 11 has the 4.6 Lexus v8.
Yes I love it and yes it is a rocket on wheels

I intend to buy a new tundra in 3 years as a retirement present to myself. I'm sure the turbo V6 will be awesome.

I have been a loyal toyota owner since 1983. My wife as well. One thing I guarantee is toyota will not put out a new version of anything without more torture testing than the space shuttle received.
Quality of build and design are what makes them so reliable.