All New 2022 Tundra Leaked.....

gearguywb

WKR
This update was overdue. I am pretty excited to see it.

Over the years, Toyota has been rock solid for me. We bought a '21 LC (traded our old one in). Just couldn't stand the thought of not having a LC with this being the last year of availability in the US.

Great engine, super comfortable, and a tank off road. Gas mileage sucks but thats the price you pay to drive a big, heavy, vehicle with plenty of power.

Reactions: WRO

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
If Toyota offers discounts/incentitives on the 2021 Tundra as they phase them out I would be tempted to get one before the next generation Tundra takes over. But with this year of screwed up vehicle inventory I doubt that will occur. The current Tundra seems to be the most bullet proof of all the current full size trucks. Although for me that is a 2nd hand observation as I do not own one.

Pn8hall

WKR
If you are getting 17 on a regular basis you have a hidden gem. Most folks are in the 13-14 range.

Our LC is a 14.5-16 mpg
I had an 08 Double cab long bed and I got 12 mpg on average all day long. That thing had a 26 gallon tank that the gas light came on at 6 gallon mark. Sucked getting gas all the damn time. Dont get me wrong I loved that truck so much I bought a 2021 Double cab Long bed with the 38 gallon tank. I now average 12.6 mpg. The best I have seen out of either truck is 15.5 on long road trip. The mileage sucks for sure but it is a badass V8 truck. 24-25 mpg would be pretty slick for sure .

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
I had an 08 Double cab long bed and I got 12 mpg on average all day long. That thing had a 26 gallon tank that the gas light came on at 6 gallon mark. Sucked getting gas all the damn time. Dont get me wrong I loved that truck so much I bought a 2021 Double cab Long bed with the 38 gallon tank. I now average 12.6 mpg. The best I have seen out of either truck is 15.5 on long road trip. The mileage sucks for sure but it is a badass V8 truck. 24-25 mpg would be pretty slick for sure .
The pathetic gas mileage is the reason that I refused to own another of the larger gen Tundras. I had an '08, son bought it from me after 5 years. I loved the truck overall, but loathed the constant fillups with the smaller tank. And mine had the 4.6L.
Wife and I both preferred the bench seat, but the 38 gallon tank was avail as a bucket seat/center console option only.

The pathetic gas mileage is the reason that I refused to own another of the larger gen Tundras. I had an '08, son bought it from me after 5 years. I loved the truck overall, but loathed the constant fillups with the smaller tank. And mine had the 4.6L.
Wife and I both preferred the bench seat, but the 38 gallon tank was avail as a bucket seat/center console option only.
Own a truck for awhile that isn't reliable and the bad mileage won't matter as much.

I don't give a crap what the mpg is as long as it just works.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We get 19 ish in our 18 , 11-12 towing . I get 18 in our 2011 LX. I don’t complain about those numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Own a truck for awhile that isn't reliable and the bad mileage won't matter as much.

I don't give a crap what the mpg is as long as it just works.
Totally get that, but I'm spoiled, only ever owned or driven Toyotas with some Nissans tossed in the early years. Had one GMC with the 4.3 that blew a head gasket at 62K. Vowed never again.

So....never really worry about reliability, and imho in 2022 every 1/2 ton truck 2 or 4wd should be getting a minimum of 20mpg. 25 shouldn't be rare.

Totally get that, but I'm spoiled, only ever owned or driven Toyotas with some Nissans tossed in the early years. Had one GMC with the 4.3 that blew a head gasket at 62K. Vowed never again.

So....never really worry about reliability, and imho in 2022 every 1/2 ton truck 2 or 4wd should be getting a minimum of 20mpg. 25 shouldn't be rare.
They should all be reliable in 2022 as well.
Machining and engineering is awesome these days.
But lots manufacturers are still popping out turds.

If Toyota offers discounts/incentitives on the 2021 Tundra as they phase them out I would be tempted to get one before the next generation Tundra takes over. But with this year of screwed up vehicle inventory I doubt that will occur. The current Tundra seems to be the most bullet proof of all the current full size trucks. Although for me that is a 2nd hand observation as I do not own one.

Inventory is a problem right now, I took my 4Runner into the dealer this past week and they had more used vehicles then they did new. There were 0 new trucks/4Runners on the lot, and the prices for the used were crazy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is 17mpg really that bad for a full size 400hp v8 truck? I just picked up a 2016 tundra and am stoked with the gas mileage compared to my 6.0 gas Sierra.

I know the trend in full size trucks is turbo v6 but man that adds a lot of complexity and shh to go wrong

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I don’t know about that 17mpg…everything I’ve read says about 12-14 mpg average. If your getting 17mpg that’s pretty good.

I'll be interested to see if Toyota actually makes them capable of hauling anything. My buddy's tundra only had 200 lbs more payload than my Ford fiesta! Sounds like a joke but there's no exaggeration there...