All New 2022 Tundra Leaked.....

Trial153

WKR
Yea I am not riding 6 people in a truck, any truck for that matter…

Last edited:
OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
With a bench seat how you fitting four kids comfortably in a pick up? I’m guessing they are a pretty small segment as mini vans and suvs fit that bill way better.
Two parents and a kid in front, three kids in back.
And for us '50' somethings.....I actually like sitting next to the wife in my truck, and the dog enjoys laying in the center of the seat as well.

I get the mini-van thing, but for a track camper excursion, boating trip, etc, it's nice to pile in a family-friendly pickup. The center consoles on most of these rigs anymore are massive.

KurtR

WKR
Two parents and a kid in front, three kids in back.
And for us '50' somethings.....I actually like sitting next to the wife in my truck, and the dog enjoys laying in the center of the seat as well.

I get the mini-van thing, but for a track camper excursion, boating trip, etc, it's nice to pile in a family-friendly pickup. The center consoles on most of these rigs anymore are massive.
Back in the day you may get away with that but with car seats and booster seats no way that is working. My brother in law has 5 kids and a Ford Expedition for that reason they have a f150 and he did one trip with 3 kids at the time and he said never again.

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
When/if I trade my '17 Tundra I think I'll stick with a 2021 model and wait for the bugs to get worked out of the 2022+ models. Seems wrong to put a V6 (boosted or not) in the Tundra. The 5.7 "ain't broke" why fix it? Yeah yeah, I know the 2022 specs out with more juice. Just my 2 cents worth but my 5.7 has nearly 100k on it and never had a single issue.

Kwe1982

FNG
I definitely want to see one in person, Wisconsin is probably the last state that will get them in the showroom, lol. I do wish they would have kept the V8 around, or at least had the option to get the pro without the hybird option, but I get it.

For now I’ll just hang on to my 02 Tacoma, 07 and 19 Tundra.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
One more link, this, of the lowly SR model, the one I personally like. ...Although that lower front bumper would be painted on my rig, and the grille would be hit with some silver/argent. The black ain't cutting it.
Sorry for the long link, not converting for some reason...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Back in the day you may get away with that but with car seats and booster seats no way that is working.
I can easily fit three car seats in the back seat of my F-350, and a booster seat up front if I wanted. I can easily fit 6 adults but prefer 5 people max so I have elbow room, and can rest my arm on the flip up console between the seats.

KurtR

WKR
I can easily fit three car seats in the back seat of my F-350, and a booster seat up front if I wanted. I can easily fit 6 adults but prefer 5 people max so I have elbow room, and can rest my arm on the flip up console between the seats.
Really when’s the last time you have put three in the back seat hooked in right? They might fit just sitting there but not strapped in to manufacture recommendations. Can’t use booster seats up front legally. I have fit 10 people in a extended cab chevy. It sucked just like it sucks riding 3 deep in the back seat of any pick up. Unless your into rubbing up on dudes I’m not judging.

RS3579

WKR
I’m glad they have the 6.5 bed option on the crew cab. I currently have the crew cab and the 5.5 bed isn’t really that bad. It’s nice to have options available.

tdhanses

WKR
Really when’s the last time you have put three in the back seat hooked in right? They might fit just sitting there but not strapped in to manufacture recommendations. Can’t use booster seats up front legally. I have fit 10 people in a extended cab chevy. It sucked just like it sucks riding 3 deep in the back seat of any pick up. Unless your into rubbing up on dudes I’m not judging.
Unless someone has used the car seats made in the last 10 years or less they may not realize just how big these things are getting, i wont be shocked when they become their own bubble with air bags.

No way could anyone fit 3 5pt harness car seats in the back seat of a pickup especially the ones made for babies, they are too wide, so wide its a tight fit for an adult to get in between them and even buckle up and the cabs in the newer pickups are the biggest they’ve ever been.

I’m so glad mine have moved to booster seats only.

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
So the 4wd is 17 city, 19 avg and 22 hwy.
I was hoping for more…but its a truck after all.

Am I the only guy that thinks these 12,000# tow ratings on these 1/2 ton chassis’s (all brands) is ridiculous?

Yeah I can move that much weight for a short distance but a 6,000# Bobcat plus attachments and HD trailer behind my 1/2 ton is just not enough truck to do it all the time. Ive done that with Toy and Ram 1/2 tons— both squishy on the road. Maybe a big travel trailer is a whole different animal, I don’t know.…but heavy equipment, Meh.

The same trailer behind my 3/4 ton Ram diesel is night and day different.…built to handle it.

Trial153

WKR

Am I the only guy that thinks these 12,000# tow ratings on these 1/2 ton chassis’s (all brands) is ridiculous?

Yeah I can move that much weight for a short distance but a 6,000# Bobcat plus attachments and HD trailer behind my 1/2 ton is just not enough truck to do it all the time. Ive done that with Toy and Ram 1/2 tons— both squishy on the road. Maybe a big travel trailer is a whole different animal, I don’t know.…but heavy equipment, Meh.

The same trailer behind my 3/4 ton Ram diesel is night and day different.…built to handle it.

Agree if I a consistently towing 10k a half ton isnt in my wheel house

gbflyer

WKR

I have a “half ton towable” 26’ travel trailer that man-handles my ‘07 1 ton Dodge Cummins. There’s no shortage of power but the only time it’s in the road is crossing it. The front end has been rebuilt with new 2014 parts and realigned. Drives great empty or with a gooseneck. If I pump the airbags up to 80# it helps get some weight on the front axle and drives a little better. If I towed it more frequently I’d trade it for a Chevy. Cannot imagine towing it with a 1/2 ton.

I tow a skid steer or mini hoe with F150 w/ max tow and max haul package a few times a week. I came from a 17 F250. Everyday I do it it amazed me how well the half ton handles it.

Campers are way worse, when I had a camper I refused to haul it with a pickup and bought an international. I’ve had my class a CDL for 15 years and never felt comfortable hauling the camper with a pickup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be great to see the Tacoma become more fuel efficient.
I appreciate the rock solid reliability of the platform (other than the frame rust issues) but that mileage is pretty bad in this day and age for the power you get.

I'd almost be tempted to trade mine in for a Tundra for the extra room/bed size, but then after hunting this weekend I'm reminded of how nice the Tacoma size is for driving overgrown FS roads.

ODB

WKR

My current tank average for my 2021 tundra is 16.6 mpg. No, not towing. The last relatively flat trip I took I averaged 18.5 mpg for the trip (not putzing around town, just highway)

It’s a completely different beast than my 2002 Tundra. Pay attention to what the truck is doing and it will tell you how to get the most out of it, i.e., drive it like a grandpa - which I have always done. . Most guys I see just hammering the throttle and driving like maniacs - and they wonder why Mileage sucks.
These things like low rpm, they shift early (especially 1>2>3), but have the power when you need it.

I’ll be really interested to see what people think of the 2022. And also the price…