All New 2022 Tundra Leaked.....

PNWGATOR

WKR
Better check inventory at Parker before driving up. It’s pathetic.

Check online on Bozeman. Friend bought a Tacoma online through them after shopping numerous (over 20) dealers and it was painless and worth it to him to fly over and drive his new rig home

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
I priced out an sr5 with the trd package 2nd from the top and it came out around $53k in crew with 6.5 bed. Didn’t see a trd package with the larger gas tank.

I actually like the body color grill of the sr5 without trd package. When you add the trd the grill trim color gets changed to grey.
The 6.5 bed with Crew Max includes the bigger tank 'standard'......

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Better check inventory at Parker before driving up. It’s pathetic.

Check online on Bozeman. Friend bought a Tacoma online through them after shopping numerous (over 20) dealers and it was painless and worth it to him to fly over and drive his new rig home
Inventory is definitely an issue everywhere. And then finding a dealer that's MSRP is the other.
I won't pay markup.

Last edited:

Rbohno

FNG
If you have any passengers the Crewmax is awesome and the rear seats fold up to create a lot of room

GLB

WKR
Yep, agreed. But I think the smaller tank in your series might be 26 gallon....take a peak at your manual.

My last Gen II had the 4.6 and 26 gallon, what a pita.
My 2018 Tundra Crewmax has a 38 gal tank and it has been a big plus. Especially since I have to drive 2 hrs one way for any real shopping.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Well, had a chance to drive the '22 Crewmax longbed, today. Wind Chill Pearl, 4wd, Limited.
Nice truck. Loaded with about everything I'd want and more, although that 14"a/v screen is massive, the 8" would be just fine.
With its full-sized cab and full sized bed this sucker is big, It drove smaller than it really was, but it's still a chunk of a rig.
Fit and finish were good, although my wife thought the generous use of interior plastic was too much for the price involved.

This was the only '22 Tundra that Rogers Toyota in Lewiston had, their demo. $59K.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2130.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6430.JPG
    IMG_6430.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_6431.JPG
    IMG_6431.JPG
    255.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6432.JPG
    IMG_6432.JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 118

lak2004

WKR
Well, had a chance to drive the '22 Crewmax longbed, today. Wind Chill Pearl, 4wd, Limited.
Nice truck. Loaded with about everything I'd want and more, although that 14"a/v screen is massive, the 8" would be just fine.
With its full-sized cab and full sized bed this sucker is big, It drove smaller than it really was, but it's still a chunk of a rig.
Fit and finish were good, although my wife thought the generous use of interior plastic was too much for the price involved.

This was the only '22 Tundra that Rogers Toyota in Lewiston had, their demo. $59K.

View attachment 363785
Which engine?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

lak2004

WKR
Twin turbo 3.5 V6...it's the engine across all trims, except for the TRD Pro, the hybrid which arrives in March.
Have you driven an ecoboost f150? If so, how did it compare?

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Have you driven an ecoboost f150? If so, how did it compare?

No, but I probably should. The Ford likely offers a bench seat, better mpg and a better price point. Oh yeah, and a front grille that doesn't look like it devoured witch Joy Reid.

I'm simply loyal to Toyota after a lifetime of reliability.

lak2004

WKR
No, but I probably should. The Ford likely offers a bench seat, better mpg and a better price point. Oh yeah, and a front grille that doens't look like it devoured witch Joy Reid.

I'm simply loyal to Toyota after a lifetime of reliability.
I have a 2013 ecoboost, I like it well enough but at 112k miles I've got exhaust manifolds leaking that causes an annoying high pitch squeel on acceleration and it's a known common problem that ford does not care to recall. Dealer wants $2500 to fix them..... I can do the work but it's a pain in the butt and I don't have much time. I was hoping this new tundra would get better mpg (I get a consistent 15-16 not hauling and around 9-10 with a camper). The newer 10 speed in the fords also sucks (mine is the old 6 speed) even though it lends to better mpg it shift points are erratic and jerky (I drive an f150 5.0 10 spd for work, maybe the Ecoboost 10spd is better?).

Who knows, maybe the hybrid version will be worth the extra cost.

KurtR

WKR
only thing i dont like so far is the storage under the back seat my dog kennel wont sit on the floor will have to build a little platform

I like it and the specs but why do they put 20”s on the Limited TRD? I priced one up and can go SR5, TRD, almost all the same options as a limited but end up with 18”s. So that is the route I would go vs getting a limited.

Only other thing I don’t like is if you get SR5 it has painted grill trim ring but when you add TRD trim goes to grey regardless of truck color. On the PRO it is the body color.

None of my dealers have them yet so haven’t taken one for a spin. As much as I want the crew and 6.5 bed I am fearful it may be too long for an every day driver.

ODB

WKR
I like it and the specs but why do they put 20”s on the Limited TRD? I priced one up and can go SR5, TRD, almost all the same options as a limited but end up with 18”s. So that is the route I would go vs getting a limited.

Only other thing I don’t like is if you get SR5 it has painted grill trim ring but when you add TRD trim goes to grey regardless of truck color. On the PRO it is the body color.

None of my dealers have them yet so haven’t taken one for a spin. As much as I want the crew and 6.5 bed I am fearful it may be too long for an every day driver.

What was the price on that SR5 TRD?